When it comes to getting fit and healthy we immediately think, “What can I do about my diet?” It is true that our eating habits can be our downfall when trying to get into a health regime, but what else can you do to complement changing the way you eat? The simple answer? Exercise.
Exercise can do wonders for your body and mental health. The release of serotonin – the happy chemical – in the brain makes you feel positive and invigorated. There are so many different types of exercise available that you are sure to find something that works for you.
If you are a music lover, this is definitely a class that you will want to take. It is a full body workout, but you will end up being swept along with the high-energy vibes and the hour will fly by. Moving your body in time to the rhythm of the drums, your blood will be pumping as you immerse yourself in the positive atmosphere. This feel-good factor to Zumba classes will really boost your confidence which can go a long way to improving your mental health.
If you are looking for something that is at a bit of a slower pace but still want to put your body to the test then Pilates is a great option. This discipline has grown in popularity since the early 2000s with more than 11,000,000 people taking up classes.
This exercise has shown to help muscle condition as well as improve your flexibility. Not only that, it can also help with your core muscle strength. Having strengthened your core muscles at Pilates, other exercises will come to you with ease. Putting your body through its paces will enable you to build up endurance. Reaching these achievements can go a long way toward making you feel accomplished, giving you the belief that you can do more.
There is a lot to be said about self-awareness when you are aiming for self-improvement. Qigong – or chi kung – combines a variety of different disciplines. It is an Eastern technique that combines elements of Tai Chi, deep rhythmic breathing and even martial arts. This form of exercise makes you a very disciplined individual, which in turn will help you to improve your health and fitness.
It is key to remember that doing just one element of a health kick will not get you the results that you want to achieve. Therefore, a combination is needed. Changing your diet and choosing an exercise that suits you and your abilities will combine to make you feel fitter and healthier. See our directory for a class near you.
- What You Can Do To Help Your Health Kick - December 7, 2018
- Mind coaching: a brief guide - December 7, 2018
- Choosing the yoga style that’s right for you - December 7, 2018
- Suffering with a common cold? Geranium will help - November 23, 2018
- How baby massage can benefit you and your baby - November 23, 2018
- Calming your thoughts with cognitive hypnotherapy - November 23, 2018
- Health benefits of Reiki massages and Reiki treatments - November 16, 2018
- Three common natural medicine mistakes - November 16, 2018
- Acupuncture during pregnancy - November 16, 2018
- Float away with flotation therapy - November 5, 2018