There’s something very exciting about getting a massage. After all, it’s not just that it’s a wholly relaxing experience but also that it opens up the prospect for people to feel loose and limber for the weeks and months that follow. Before you start looking too far into the future though, it’s worth remembering that there are a few things you can do in the present to ensure that you get the most out of your next rub-down. With this in mind, here are three things you should do to prepare for getting a massage.
Get your caffeine fix
Those who can’t go a day without drinking coffee might want to get their caffeine fix ahead of hitting the massage table. This is because caffeine can make your muscles tense, which could ultimately undo the good work done by your masseuse if you pour yourself a cup of the hot stuff shortly after your appointment. The best way to fight the urge for caffeine is to drink it beforehand.
Take a warm shower
You shouldn’t just take a shower just so that you’re feeling clean and fresh for your session (though this might help you feel less self-conscious during the appointment). Instead, bathing – especially when done in warm or hot water – can loosen your muscles and make it easier for your masseuse to relieve the tension from them. This equates to an even more satisfactory outcome.
Fit in your workout
A lot of people fall into the trap of hitting the gym after their massage. After a massage you’re at a peak physical condition – right? In actual fact, you’re more likely to strain your muscles when they’re loosened after a massage. Aside from the fact that this could result in an injury, it could also reverse some of the effects of the massage you’ve just had.
Practice makes perfect
If you’re able to put these tips into practice, you should find that you get as much as you can out of your next massage. For help finding a reputable masseuse who will be able to tend to your needs, be sure to check out the experts in our directory.
- Three things you should do to prepare for getting a massage - July 15, 2019
- Reflexology during pregnancy – why you should go for it! - July 15, 2019
- 3 myths about using a personal trainer exposed - June 3, 2019
- How holistic therapy can help with chronic pain - June 3, 2019
- A nutritionist can help you gain weight the right way - May 14, 2019
- What are Australian Bush Flower Remedies and how can they help me? - May 13, 2019
- Cranial osteopathy in the treatment of anxiety and depression - April 11, 2019
- Three reasons to turn to a mobile massage service - March 26, 2019
- Meditation – a few of the benefits - March 26, 2019
- 3 Benefits of Yoga - March 4, 2019