A manicure is a popular form of treatment performed on your fingernails and the skin that surrounds them. The end result leaves the area looking healthier and more aesthetically pleasing than ever before. The question is: how can you tell when you’re overdue a manicure? It just so happens that there are a number of tell-tale signs which should let you know when it’s time to book your next appointment. Here are three to keep an eye out for in future.
You should ideally feel a sense of pride when you look at your nails. This means that they should look well cared for and pristine rather than tatty and unkempt. If you’re not happy with the appearance of them in any way then it’s probably time to have a manicurist tend to them for you. You can even choose to have your nails painted a certain colour when you’re having them done to really give you a boost to your self-confidence.
Your hands – and subsequently your fingernails – come into contact with people all day every day. Whether you’re shaking hands with your boss or cuddling your child, you don’t want the ends of your fingers to feel rough and bumpy – nor to have rigid little hangnails on them. If they do, then it’s more than likely time for a manicurist to give you the soft touch you deserve by smoothing over the edges with a file.
Frame of mind
You don’t necessarily have to glance down at your fingernails to realise that you need a manicure. Instead, you might simply feel stressed and in need of a good old pampering session. The process of having a manicure is soothing and relaxing, meaning it’s a great way to treat yourself to some ‘me time’ when life is getting on top of you.
Your next appointment awaits!
You don’t want to leave it too long between manicures. After all, the treatment is both beneficial to your health, appearance and frame of mind. Therefore, be sure to check out our directory to find a highly qualified nail technician who can perform your next manicure.
- Float away with flotation therapy - November 5, 2018
- How mastering the art of make-up can boost your self-esteem - November 5, 2018
- How colour therapy can improve your mood - November 5, 2018
- Three ways physiotherapy isn’t just for athletes - October 8, 2018
- Working unsociable hours? You could use a nutritionist - October 8, 2018
- How sound therapy could improve your quality of life - October 8, 2018
- Let’s hear it for our ears - September 10, 2018
- How a psychic medium can help you on the anniversary of a death - September 10, 2018
- What to expect from Reiki sessions - September 10, 2018
- Three signs that you’re overdue a manicure - August 9, 2018