Waxing can sometimes have a bad reputation. In fact, it’s fair to say that there are many myths that surround it – most of which are totally false. If you’ve never tried it before, you’ll no doubt find that it’s an extremely effective way to remove unwanted hair from your face, legs or any other region of your body that you want to feel smooth and silky. However, you might be put off if you’ve heard a number of tall tales about what to expect. With this in mind, let’s shine a light on three of the biggest misconceptions about waxing.
1. It hurts a lot
It’s true that there will be some discomfort felt when you wax hairs from your body. You won’t, however, be left screaming in agony. Instead, you can expect the sensation to be brief and manageable before quickly subsiding. Best of all, many people report that the process becomes more pleasant each time you wax – so there’s no need to worry about incorporating waxing into your regular beauty regime.
2. It harms the skin
Waxing can initially leave the skin slightly inflamed. This is perhaps one of the reasons why there’s a misconception that it harms the skin and causes lasting damage. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Instead, waxing actually exfoliates the area where it’s used and can ultimately be a benefit to the top layer of the skin.
3. It’s not always effective
There’s a belief that waxing is only effective when the hair reaches a certain length. This is, of course, wrong. In actual fact, you can wax your hair no matter what length it is – meaning that you could wax the stubble from above your lip or the hair on your legs at any point and still be able to experience immediate results.
Now you know!
It’s always handy to have the facts on your side when deciding if waxing is for you. If you’re ready to ignore all the myths and jump onto a hair removal process that’s loved my men and women alike, be sure to check out the experts in our directory.
- Heading on a long-haul flight? You’ll need a massage afterwards - January 31, 2020
- Three reasons for brides to get a spray tan before getting married - January 31, 2020
- Three things that can happen when you have excess earwax - January 2, 2020
- Three ways a medium can help you get back to normality when you’re in mourning - November 26, 2019
- Three reasons to have your teeth whitened before a job interview - November 26, 2019
- Face yoga is the new ageing antidote - November 26, 2019
- Three myths about waxing - November 19, 2019
- 3 easy ways to boost your workplace wellness today - November 19, 2019
- 5 ways to get ready for your first yoga class - October 28, 2019
- The top 4 benefits of Reiki therapy - October 28, 2019