Pilates might seem like yet another fitness fad, but this practice is so much more than just another trend. Started by Joseph Pilates, who argued that physical and mental health were connected closely, and recommended by the NHS, there’s a reason you’ve heard so much about this revolutionary workout routine.
If you’re not convinced, here’s five more reasons to give Pilates a try:
1. Get connected to you
Unlike other more appearance-centred workouts, the main principles of Pilates are centring, concentration, breathing, precision, control and flow or efficiency of movement. Practising these principles on a regular basis will connect you to your body and your emotions, helping you to carry these techniques off the mat and into your every day life.
2. Stop slouching
Pilates is absolutely fantastic for your posture. The exercises straighten and lengthen your spine, which is great for the back and can help to combat back pain and injury. An improved posture has also been proven to improve your self-confidence.
3. Reduce the chance of injury
Because pilates is a low-impact form of exercise, it is great for reducing the risk of getting an injury whilst working out. This is ideal for someone just getting into working out for the first time or anyone returning to exercise from a previous injury.
4. Have more energy
Not only will doing Pilates give you the wonderful endorphin boost gained from most exercise routines, but it also improves circulation, which means you’ll breathe easier, stimulate your muscles and you will feel more alert and ready to take your day on.
5. Get stronger
Pilates is a great way to strengthen up those core muscles. Not only will you have a flatter, more toned stomach (which means even more confidence), but stronger core muscles will also enable you to approach tasks in your every day life with a newfound ease.
If you’re interested in giving Pilates a try, or you would like to find out more, take a look through our directory today.
- A pedicure is always needed ahead of summer - June 15, 2018
- Why hypnobirthing brings a more positive birth experience - June 15, 2018
- How hypnotherapy can help you manage stress and anxiety - June 4, 2018
- Four ways laser hair removal is better than shaving - June 4, 2018
- The benefits of reflexology - May 17, 2018
- Four ways a facial can knock years off your age - May 10, 2018
- Good reasons to have your teeth whitened before starting a new job - May 1, 2018
- 4 ways a spray tan can combat daily stresses and give you a boost - May 1, 2018
- Four reasons a spa day can be the perfect present for your partner - April 16, 2018
- A personal trainer isn’t just for January - March 26, 2018