Chronic pain is defined as discomfort that lasts for more than twelve weeks; it is notoriously difficult to treat. Often brought on by an injury or secondary syndrome, chronic pain can have a significant impact on a person’s quality of life and people are forced to live with the constant agony for months or even for a lifetime. While strong painkillers can numb the pain for a few hours, sometimes there is no definite cure. If you’ve exhausted all options for your health complaint, holistic therapy might be the solution you need; here’s how holistic healing could help your condition once and for all.
A range of treatments
Many people disregard holistic healing under the assumption that it is a pseudo-therapy that will achieve nothing; this assumption is far from the truth. Medication can be used alongside holistic therapy in order to achieve optimal mind and body equilibrium. Far from an unrealistic miracle treatment, holistic healing uses cognitive behavioural therapy, meditation and physical therapy, to help alleviate your condition.
Holistic therapy attempts to find a balance between a person’s body, mind and spirit; once this equilibrium had been found, optimal health can be restored. Balance can be found in a variety of ways, from changing your lifestyle habits to allowing your body to relax and have an occasional massage when things become stressful. Chronic pain can leave you feeling hopeless, as every activity you once found joy in is now overshadowed by pain; holistic healing can re-balance your negative thoughts and transform the way you look at your condition so that you can regain your spark for life.
Finding the root of the problem
Putting tape over a tyre puncture will cover up the issue but won’t fix it; in the same way, medication will smother the physical symptoms of your chronic pain but it won’t fix the underlying problem causing the discomfort in the first place. Holistic therapists will talk with you and find out what’s causing your pain; it might be due to something as seemingly insignificant as an improper sleep pattern or life stresses. They will offer the best therapy based on their examination and work with you to eliminate it from your life.
Browse our directory to find a holistic therapist that can help to alleviate your chronic pain.
- Three reasons new mums should master the art of make-up - October 16, 2019
- How tarot card readings can help people - October 16, 2019
- Three daily occurrences that increase your need for a facial - October 8, 2019
- Three reasons to meditate before work - October 4, 2019
- How doing Zumba in a group keeps you healthy - August 19, 2019
- Three ways your eating habits could be affecting your sleep - August 11, 2019
- Spa days help couples to maintain a healthy relationship - August 4, 2019
- Three things you should do to prepare for getting a massage - July 15, 2019
- Reflexology during pregnancy – why you should go for it! - July 15, 2019
- 3 myths about using a personal trainer exposed - June 3, 2019