This year your summer holiday might start and end with a long-haul flight. This is typically a plane ride where you’re in the air for a minimum of four hours – and it doesn’t include the inevitable time spent waiting at the airport, boarding the plane or collecting your luggage upon arrival. Once your trip is over and done with it’s possible that you might not feel like yourself. It’s at this point when you should consider getting a massage. Let’s look at three reasons a massage is usually needed following a long-haul flight.
Your body will more than likely feel stiff after a long-haul flight. This isn’t just because the seats can be notoriously uncomfortable and cramped, but also because there’s little chance to stretch your legs and loosen up when you’re in the air. It takes just a few hours in the air for your muscles to become tense and begin to ache. Thankfully, a post-flight massage can help you feel like the journey never happened in the first place.
Flying can be extremely stressful. Even if you’re not a nervous flyer, you can become wound up and flustered by the frequent delays, sporadic turbulence and hassle of collecting your bags afterwards. It’s even worse when your flight is long-haul and you have to brace these conditions for a longer time. Rather than allow yourself to stay stressed in the days that follow your journey, a massage can aid you in relaxing and returning to a positive frame of mind.
Jet lag is what happens when you cross numerous time zones while travelling, generally on a long-haul flight. It can cause severe disruption to your sleeping habits, making you prone to waking unexpectedly in the night and dozing off in the day. Don’t worry though, a massage can stimulate the body’s lymphatic system, which is essentially the network of tissues and organs that make people feel fatigued with jet lag.
Those first few weeks after a long flight can make for the perfect opportunity to enjoy a massage. For help booking one, be sure to check out our directory.
- What you need to know about eating before bed - March 13, 2020
- Breath therapy is your trick to making it through the working day - March 13, 2020
- Osteopathy: What you need to know about osteopathic manipulation treatment - March 13, 2020
- Top 3 benefits of acupuncture - March 6, 2020
- 4 benefits of hot stone massage therapy - March 6, 2020
- Three reasons why drinking tea is good for you - March 6, 2020
- Heading on a long-haul flight? You’ll need a massage afterwards - January 31, 2020
- Three reasons for brides to get a spray tan before getting married - January 31, 2020
- Three things that can happen when you have excess earwax - January 2, 2020
- Three ways a medium can help you get back to normality when you’re in mourning - November 26, 2019