Healthypages

Visions of angels and protection during WW1

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Principled, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Principled

Principled Well-Known Member

Almost there...

About 4 years ago, Scomm told us about the story he'd heard (which turned out to be a myth) of an American Lieutenant Colonel of the 91st Division, who gave all his men the 91st Psalm and ordered them to pray with it every day and there were no casualties. Not true. The 91st Div had heavy casualties.

However, after extensive detective work, I discovered this Christian Science Chaplain, who seems to fit the bill (except we don't know whether the 91st Psalm was given to all the men!) Marshall Petain, Commander-in Chief of the French Armies issued the following citation:

The 346th regiment was part of the 91st Division.

Now this below sounds like it was Chaplain Whitney, (the Chaplain wasn't named) as well as the other account, where again, he's not named.

Christian Science came to me...

This is part of the anonymous letter from the officer (probably Pande again) who said at the end, "The chaplain stayed with me throughout the engagement in the front line, and I am glad to say, my company did not suffer a single casualty"

Extracts from Letters

And to continue with his letter - this seems like the perfect place to close this thread on the 11th day of the 11th month 1918

"The following morning as we were forming for the attack, we received information that the armistice had been signed..."

Well it's almost midnight, but I've made my deadline of finishing this thread on Armistice Day.

Love and peace,

Judy

scommstech likes this.
  2. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

Judy
    Your posts are truly inspirational. It is always a pleasure to read them. The effort that you must put into research is phenomenal.

3. Principled

Principled Well-Known Member

Thanks Scomm. It's the least I can do as a tribute to all those who were willing to lay down their lives. "For their tomorrow, we gave our today."

Blessings,

Judy