Healthypages

Tyne and Wear

Discussion in 'Tyne and Wear' started by Reflexkate, Apr 25, 2006.

1. silverhoodedowl

silverhoodedowl New Member

RE: Tyne and Wear

Well,let's put it this way,I live down south now,but a Geordie at heart! Was born and brought up in Gateshead! Many,many happy years up there.

2. Donna3939

Donna3939 Member

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd add to it anyway. I live in Washington but I'm originally from Gateshead.

x

3. Tired Toes

Tired Toes New Member

Right, another newbie here on this old thread. I'm from Sunderland just about 8 weeks away from qualifying as a reflexologist.... scary stuff! Hoping to go mobile or start a little business up locally, just enough so I can still spend loads of time with my little one (3) before he goes off to school... anyone got any advice then I'm all ears.

Lots of love to all !!
    xx

4. meridianmoon

meridianmoon New Member

Hi TT,

Congrats on nearly qualifing !! I bet your thumbs are aching from all the case studies !!:)

North East members are far and few between on HP. But it's a great and helpful site .... lots of clever folk with masses of information to share ... so welcome !!

I work part-time too as I have a 4 year old boy ..... it's great to have the freedom to pick and choose what i do and still have time for my son !! Where are you training ?? .... i know a couple of ladies doing the VCTC at Peterlee.

Meridianmoon xxxx

5. Tarotlady

Tarotlady New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm new here but I too live in Tyne and Wear, so thought I'd say hello :)
    TL x

6. silverhoodedowl

Hi girls! Just want to say 'Hello' to all you Geordie girls. I originate from Gateshead but out in Oz now. Nice to see you all getting together! Say 'hello' to Geordie' land for me.:)

7. *serendipity*

*serendipity* New Member

How lovely Joan in Oz eh! How long have you been out there? Our early morning TV often have ex pats in Oz showing us how fab the weather is when we are sitting here in England freezing to death. Although we are having a heatwave at the moment its lasted two days now and it got up to 23 degrees today wow!!! lol

8. silverhoodedowl

Hi Serendipity!
    So many different things here,not only weather but way of life. Very casual but good.
    We are up the north east coast of Queensland as you are up the north east coast of England.
    Vast difference is the weather though,it is hotter here up north than down south. A bit too hot for my liking!
    Humidity is bad,can't go for a nice country walk in the sunshine without a sun shade!

9. *serendipity*

*serendipity* New Member

sounds lovely silverhoodedowl you seem very settled, would you ever come back or is that a silly question?????

10. silverhoodedowl

Hi Serendipity,
    I am flying back for a while in October to see whether I prefer the UK or Oz. I also have family ties here so it's a big decision to make.
    On the other hand,maybe it's old age,Oz just doesn't have the same appeal it had when I lived here way back in the 1960's!:)
    SHO xx

11. *serendipity*

*serendipity* New Member

OOh!! You must pop in and say hello when your here so i can send greetings from across the river rather than across the world. lol

12. silverhoodedowl

Unfortunately I'll be staying down the south of England. But I do have a grandaughter in Cramlington who I will be visiting so I'll still be up the north so let's get together so I can hear that Geordie lingo!:)

13. *serendipity*

*serendipity* New Member

Cramligton is just 5 mins from me so that would be lovely. Just give me a pm when you get here.

14. silverhoodedowl

Will do that. I've pm'd you.

15. *serendipity*

*serendipity* New Member

oakee doakee!!!!

16. Funnybunny

Funnybunny New Member

Hi seredipity - love the avatar - but curious as to which bit of Newcastle you're in to get that kind of weather - its freezing at Benton LOL:):):)

17. *serendipity*

*serendipity* New Member

Well funnybunny i was talking about last week when it was hot hot hot. yeah! its flipping freezing now but it was 23 or so Bob Johnson (weather man) said it was that day and he's always right:rolleyes: isn't he?;)

#37 *serendipity*, May 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2008
  18. Funnybunny

Funnybunny New Member

ROFL

19. poohbear

poohbear New Member

Hello everyone or anyone - I live in Stockton and was wondering if there is anyone else who is from my area and uses this forum. Hope to hear from someone soon.
    Love and lite
    Poohbear

20. silverhoodedowl

Hi Serendipity,have pm'd you again today. Let me know if you receive it this time.