Healthypages

Sufism in the North East

Discussion in 'Sufism' started by David1, Dec 29, 2007.

1. David1

David1 New Member

Hello,

I've never posted on Healthy Pages before, and have just recently joined for the sake of this post, so, thankyou to anyone taking the time to read this message.

I've recently moved up to the North East, more specifically, Durham. I'm desperately looking for a Sufist group, either in Durham, or in nearby Newcastle (or elsewhere nearby). Despite my endless searching, I have had no success in finding a guide. I was hoping that by posting on this message board someone might read this, and be able to point me in the direction of a sufist teacher. I have no car, and so I have to travel everywhere by public transport. However, I figure there must be a sufist teacher somewhere in the whole of Newcastle or Durham (or, again, nearby), but that it must be hard to find them due to various factors, such as lack of advertising.

Despite my wishes for a sufist group, I understand there is a lot of sympathy within Gurdjieff (and other esoteric) teachings, which would also be of great use to me, and so infomation on similar groups would be useful.

It would mean a lot to me if someone were able to get back to me with any information that they would deem helpful, whether it positive or negative. Any information would aid me, as at the moment, I have next to none. Please ask around and get in contact, it would mean a lot to me.

Thankyou for your time and consideration,
    David

P.S. I will understand if there are no replies to this thread, as my own searching for a teacher in the North East has proved fruitless, despite my efforts.

2. tigress

tigress New Member

I will ask my friend if she knows of anyone, or any contacts in N.E.

Are you able to get away for w/end courses?

If so, how far would you be willing to travel?

tigress