Healthypages

Stress, Depression, Vitamins query re maybe taking wrong one's? Was suggested Kinesiology?

Discussion in 'General Health Discussions' started by jemma_g, Apr 12, 2017.

1. jemma_g

jemma_g New Member

Hello Everyone

I'm suffering from stress and depression and trying to get my life sorted out. I've started taking a Vitamin B Complex and Omega 3, 6 and 9 Fish Oil.

However someone told me maybe I'm not taking the right vitamins etc for my body and suggested I try Kinesiology? Has anyone tried this or I'd love to hear any views?

No real point me taking supplements and maybe I should be taking something else to help me? I was told the problem could be my gut and that Kinesiology would be good and I'd know then what I should be taking etc?

As I say I'm suffering from stress, depression and low moods and I get really tired and trying to help myself and I find walking really helps. Now I'm feeling curious as to what supplements I should be taking and no point wasting money on things if they aren't helping me? Maybe the problem is my gut I'm not sure. I feel so tired but I don't want to go into a really dark place and appreciate any advice!

Thanks alot

Jemma

2. amy green

amy green Well-Known Member

I would vouch for the beneficial effects of taking Vit B Complex since it is a recognised nerve tonic. I take it myself for stress and it really helps lessen the symptoms! If you have a yeast condition, e.g. athlete's foot, candida, dandruff or thrush then ensure you get a yeast free brand.

Omega 3 also helps boost the immune system (making you less likely to contract infections etc). However you don't need a supplement that also has Omega 6 since we already ingest more of this, conventionally, than Omega 3. Omega 9 is readily found in vegetable oils. Ensure you are getting a pure form of Omega 3 though since there are cheaper, rancid capsules on the market. I would also suggest taking a calcium and magnesium supplement (they work together) and also help with stress.

Re. kinesiology and depression...

http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/article/Depression_and_Kinesiology

Have you looked at the kinesiology section? You may want to ask your question there.

http://www.healthypages.com/community/forums/kinesiology.67/

3. jemma_g

jemma_g New Member

Thanks for your help Amy. The Omega one I take is in liquid form, says Omega 3, 6 & 9 Fish Oil with natural Vitamin D3 & E. Good to know Omega 3 helps boost the immune system but this one has those other things added as well. It says per 5ml I'm getting 1200 mg of Omega 3, 1050mg EPA DPA DHA, 120 mg of Omega 6 and 1200mg of Omega 9.

Will think about the calcium and magensium. Don't want to maybe over dulge lol

4. amy green

amy green Well-Known Member

You missed my point about Omega 6. The reason why Omega 3 comes as supplements on its own is that we already have too much Omega 6 i.e. the ratio is heavily weighted on Omega 6 in our diet already.

https://authoritynutrition.com/optimize-omega-6-omega-3-ratio/

5. jemma_g

jemma_g New Member

Ok maybe I'll stop this supplement then and just get an Omega 3 one

2 people like this.
  6. anshika154

anshika154 New Member

I will give only one suggestion that to believe in your self only you can cure your depression with your will power. No medicines can work untill you take them in feeling that you will be fine.. so rest is upto you..

#MorePowerToYou

2 people like this.
  7. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Hello Jemma_g,
    Sounds like to me you are on the right path with asking the questions of how to deal and cope with your situation especially with depression. One thing I would concern is to view your family history is there any other persons whom battle with depression? Someties reviewing our family tree it helps to identify if this is a trait that not only effects you but others in your tree. Helpful to find out how they dealt with this situation. Second idea is the stress and it sounds like your walking is working. Your bravery in asking questions I believe is a wonderful step forward.
    Take a look at your food intake and how much rest you can obtain. Hope this is beneficial in your dealing with stress and depression which is a bear.. be blessed and just know how important you are o the world.

2 people like this.
  8. Momoftwo77

Momoftwo77 New Member

Exactly

9. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Omg...I have shingles! It has been so painful. Grateful for my vitamins and probiotics. Of course, my circle of friends. This is a bear!

10. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Thank you for this share..