Healthypages

slimming world

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by kelly.shaun, Jan 28, 2007.

1. crystaltherapy

crystaltherapy New Member

RE: slimming world

I appreciate that people have found slimming world to be helpful and Im not saying that people shouldnt do slimming clubs if it works for them, I have followed this diet in the past, I would rather buy a cookbook and make recipies myself.
    I think it is value for money if someone in the family is also doing the diet. When I did the diet it was 4 quid a week and at that time I was getting less than 40 pounds in so I felt it.
    I also know that they have stopped doing this but in my old class they not only read out your weight, they read out if you had gained and if you had lost as well, I hated that aspect.
    Really, its about getting people to make choices that will stay with them for life and thats hard. As I said, my pal lost 3 stones very quickly and looked fantastic but as soon as she stopped, all the weight went back on.
    So really, slimming world and other companies will be making lost of money from the people who yo yo up and down over a long period of time.
    These days, exercise is a very large part of my life and for me, that helps keep my eating habits in check, I am less likely to stuff my face if Ive done a workout.

2. madamhoney

madamhoney New Member

I haven't been on for a bit as I'm doing really rubbish. I thought I'd found a way of eating I could live with but the fact is, I'm sick of couscous!!! And that's just after a few weeks [&:] I find it quite difficult to think of something to eat as a snack that isn't synful. Oh well, I shall have to try harder - LOL! I don't know how people have managed to stick to it for months and months though.

3. tigress

tigress New Member

madamhoney..is it sweet snax?
    here are a few savouries that might help

Morrisons Eat Smart less than 3% fat potato snacks. They come in a muti-bag of 6, 3 different flavours:

bacon flavour waffle - 2 yins
    Pickled onion rings - 1 1/2 syns
    Salt & Vinegar sticks - 2 1/2 syns

tigress

4. Welsh_Biatch

Welsh_Biatch Banned

My mam makes the chips which we call 'Syn free chips' and they are lush what you got to do is

Cut up potatoes so they look like chips
    par boil them with salt (dont leave them for too long as they will go soggy, just wait til the water starts bubbling)
    Spray them with fry light
    and then puton an oven tray,200 for about 40 mins maybe longer i cant really remember lol.

& not only are the stunning but they are free and you dont feel bad after eating them :)

Leah

5. VEGAS14

VEGAS14 New Member

HI THERE HAS ANYONE GOT THE PASSWORD FOR SLIMMING WORLD THIS WEEK I AM DOING IT AT HOME AS CANT AFFORD THE CLASSS BUT NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT
    THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP ME:D

6. tigress

tigress New Member

we are not allowed to post the password on the forum

tigress

7. wittyknitty

wittyknitty New Member

RE: slimming world (new member)

Hi everyone

my names Elaine and i live in the north east of england i have been on and off diets for many years over the past 4 years ive lost about 4 st up until 2 months ago i was at slimming world until my life was turned upside down loss of job no tax credits for 6 weeks couldnt afford to go to slimming class faced with eviction of my home things are starting to look a little brighter and need and want to start slimming again i am verypicky at the minute i need foods i can snack on all the time i love pasta like from the salad bars etc anyone there to help me get focused and back on track i never know what to have for breakfast even though they are probably the most simple i need mainly free foods as i go over board on bread when i start i am diabetic need to lose loads of weight a good few stone any help greatly appreciated

8. Dunkirk

Dunkirk New Member

Hi Elaine,

sorry to hear about your recent misfortunes. These really are the sort of things that wreck anyone's slimming plans, anyway glad to here things are looking a bit brighter.

I have to admit I'm not good at doing breakfast. It's either a case of use one of my 2 healthy options on toast, cerial or wheetabix or go without for me. Mornings are always a very rushed so I end up having a bananna and an apple at about 09:00 and then having lunch at about 12:00ish.

For your breakfast you could go for eggs with 2 slices of Nimble as one of your healthy options. Eggs are, I believe free on either a red or a green day. You could have poached or scrambled egg on toast, or boiled egg and nimble soldiers. You could have an omlet ( use the oil you spray into the pan - forgotten what it's called) with mushrooms, peppers, some pasta or potatoe.

You could have kippers and poached egg on a red day or grilled bacon, mushrooms, eggs and tomatoes. However I find that green days are best for snacking on pasta so I would try the omlet and then fill up on other free food for the rest of the day.

Mark

9. penni

penni New Member

Hi Elaine, Well done for trying again.
    I use Quorn sausages a lot for breakfast, theyre Free on both days. On a green day I cut a potato into bite size chunks, par boil them then put on a baking tray sprayed with fry light and roast them till theyre golden brown, and add some tomatoes to the potatoes 10 mins before theyre cooked and the cooked quorn sausages..........that makes a great breakfast on a green day and its all free.
    Or do the quorn sausages and some peppers,onions, tomatoes for a red day ..
    I often make a huge fresh fruit salad with a yoghurt, if im still hungry i use a healthy extra and have weetabix and some of my milk allowance.
    or
    I have 2 wholemeal nimble toasted with grilled tomatoes on top and fruit after...2 toast = 1 healthy extra on both days
    poached egg on toast , grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes
    1 healthy extra.....both days..
    I hope that helps,I,ll think of other things and let you know. Good Luck :D

10. Dunkirk

Dunkirk New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I seem to have come to a bit of a standstill on the SW diet. My weight has decreased steadily over the last 9 months but I have been at just over 13 stone for the last few weeks and I don't seem to be able to shift the last few pounds in order to pass the 13 stone barrier.

My aim is to get down to 12 stone and then stabilize at around this weight. 12 stoneis still a few pounds above my 'ideal' weight according to the various charts I have consulted which give an ideal weight in relation to one's height.To be honest I think that if I were to reach my 11 1/4 stone 'ideal weight' I would look ill rather than healthy so I will be happy to still be carrying a few pounds.

Do people think it is normal to reach a plateaux in weight loss before losing any more weight or is there something I am doing wrong? I have been sticking to the diet fairly rigidly and have been staying within the 15 syn limit. I have also been moderately exercising.

11. penni

penni New Member

Hi Dunkirk, I know what your going through, but stay with it. I had the same problem, Ive lost over 3 and 1/2 stones. About 8 weeks ago I was juggling 1 and 1/2 pounds about for 6 weeks, gaining it one week, losing the next. So i wrote down every bite of food and every drink and............I lost 3 and 1/2 pounds..........wahoooooooooo!!!, so dont feel fed up like I did, maybe do a food diary and try more green days or more red days to what you normally do. Just stay positive, you know you WILL reach your goal. :D

12. penni

penni New Member

Im back again Dunkirk, The reason I said keep a food diary was that I knew I probably cut corners somewhere which was messing me up, and it was amazing how it made me find the mistakes by keeping the diary

13. Dunkirk

Dunkirk New Member

Thanks penni,

I'll try to keep the diary but I must admit that I'm not very organised where it comes to this sort of thing. Mrs Dunkirk is pretty good at keeping us both on the straight and narrow and I do tend to only eat what she cooks or what she tells me I can have.

I wonder if it tends to slow up a bit as you approach your target weight. I must admit that I have only just started weighing myself and previously just went according to whether my waist was shrinking. I have managed to go from a size 42 down to a size 38 and these are beginning to get a bit big.

Perhaps I'm taking too much notice of the weight loss and not enough of the inch loss.

Dunkirk

14. moonstorm

moonstorm New Member

I've just started SW and am wondering how much free food you can really eat? For brekkie today I had 2 weetabix (very early), at 11.30 am I had a yoghurt and orange. For lunch I am making lentil soup and wondered about having a small jacket pot and spaghetti and for dinner tonight was planning on having a veggie chilli with half rice/half syn free chips. Is this too much?

15. tigress

tigress New Member

hi moonstorm and welcome to HP and SW

I guess you are on a green day..and what you are planning is fine, as rice/pots/spag are all green

is the yogurt mullerlight though as some have to be 'synned'

weetabix is an heb, so you will need another HEB today too.
    The things to take care with are weighing the extras, like oil, and limiting the goodies like chocolate /flour.

so far, you are doing fine

tigress

16. tigress

tigress New Member

Hi Dunkirk

I would encourage you to relish the inch loss...rather than the weight loss, if slow weight loss is getting you down.

I wonder if it would help to drink more water....and maybe begin the day with lemon in water as that helps shift fat.

I heard of one SW consultant putting out a challenge to have 14 different HEB's, rather than the same few each week

Even tho Mrs Dunkirk doe the thinking/planning..how about looking at the SW book /website and seeing where you could ring some changes

tigress

17. wanabskinny

wanabskinny New Member

Hi everyone, i started the slimming world 2 weeks ago.I lost 8lbs in my first week, and today is my second week weigh day. I am finding this diet really easy. I am sticking to mainly green days as i find them alot easier as i am not a big fan of meat.
    Living on ready brek sachets for my breakfast, although they are 5 syns they hold me over for along time and iam finding that i am eating half as much.
    I went to a party on saturday and was dreading the buffett-my favourite!Ihavent given in to anything yet in my first 2 weeks and knew that if i ate the buffett i would be drownedwith guilt later.
    I decided to take my own food. As i didnt want to stand out, i wanted to try and devise my own littleSW buffett. I made sure that i didnt haveany syns all day, so that i could use my syns for my tea. I chose to be on a red day.I took 2 cold cooked sausages, 1xtra lite laughing cow triangle, cucumber sticks, 1 packet of french fries, cold cooked chicken and a lean ham wholemeal bap. i had the bread as a healthy xtra, and in total it was 8 syns. I was absolutely stuffed and some of my family were actually jealous. I felt so proud o myself for not giving in and making the effort!
    Does anyone have any ideas for green lunches??I am getting sick of Pasta!

18. tigress

tigress New Member

well done for following the SW programme and esp for the creative approach to dealing with buffet temptations.

Have you tried couscous, that is free on a green day, and makes a nice lunch

and rice is another green day option

Riso Gallo do a 4 cheese risotto pronto, the 250g box is 3.5 syns and half a box makes a decent lunch, with eg roast peppers.
    they also do a mushroom version, which is free

good luck.

I have been on SW since feb 1st and am only 7lbs away from target.
    I was at a group meal on Saturday eve, and took quinoa with cannellini beans , and I was delighted that I simply was not drawn to the pizza or cheese sticks etc..I added some salad, had the cherries and one piece of chocolate, so my food habits are changing, which is a good sign for maintaining, once I am on target, which should be sometime in September

tigress

19. Sarah7

Sarah7 New Member

I love Slimming World coz I can eat CHOCOLATE every day[sm=rollaugh.gif]

I always seem to very better on red days, possibly because eating too much carbs does tend to bloat me up. I recently lost 10lbs but have a few more lbs to go to get into my bikini!

20. tigress

tigress New Member

well done on that 10lbs loss

I am a green day girl myself as I dont eat meat or chicken

I feel much healthier and am delighted I can now wear a pair of trousers I bought ages ago but didnt slim inti them then as I thought I would. It means I have a smart pair to wear to a family evening out later in the month

hooray

tigress