Healthypages

revisiting the place

Discussion in 'Spiritualism' started by mac, Oct 17, 2018.

1. mac

mac Active Member

I'm revisiting my former stamping ground but anywhere would have done for this. I expect there will be an 'old' member or two who remembers me. :)

I contribute elsewhere and needed to pass on some information from a long way back and wasn't certain I knew where to look. With persistence I managed to get close to what I was looking for (ca 2003 I'd guessed) and being here took me back to the time before HP changed its structure, a long time ago when discussion forums played a bigger role on the website and I knew the contributors.

Anyway, nice to be back briefly. :)

2. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Delighted you are back. Forum is waiting for wonderful insight!

3. mac

mac Active Member

thanks for the welcome

Sadly, though, HP isn't the place where I once was a regular contributor. Sadly too my then fellow users are mostly gone. And equally sadly I have little new in terms of insight to offer.

Fings ain't wot they used to be.....

4. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Certainly things change, but that doesn't mean people are all gone. ;)

5. mac

mac Active Member

not all, just many or most.... And the website's focus is also very different from what I remember about how it used to be.

Most others of my once favourite websites have changed too. Not complaining, just
    remarking. :)

#5 mac, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  6. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Change is the most constant in our lives. Prehaps the changes can be a positive for you Mac if you open your mind to change. We are delighted to have you back. Is there a topic you would like to discuss or review? Look forward to you viewpoint.

7. mac

mac Active Member

At 71 there's now little left this side of the divide for me to investigate - I'll be getting a bird's eye view of things before too long anyway. ;)

My adopted role for some years has been that of trying to help others, those trying to better understand life, death and what follows. Although Modern Spiritualism underpins my understanding (hence my writing in this forum) it's not limited to only that subject. For example I also like to discuss and debate any issue concerning survival and modes of communication.

HP used to be a very big part of my time online and I've met many nice folk on my special-interest forums but I can't spot many of them around right now. :(

8. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

Hi Mac
    How about elaborating on "survival, and modes of communication"
    Also interesting to know what is the difference between old or traditional spiritualism and modern spiritualism..
    I would be nice to have a good discussion.

9. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Mac, wow you sound like very fascinating person and look forward to seeing your post. Please tell us more!

10. mac

mac Active Member

It would be nice to have a discussion and if there were active members to join us I'd feel moved to start a thread or two but after looking around on HP's pages there seems to be VERY few recent postings about related subjects - not many thread contributors. I hope this won't sound precious but nowadays I'm not inclined to spend time and effort writing unless there's a reasonable chance my thoughts will bring responses.

Having said that you've been kind enought to encourage me and to ask a few questions which I'll address. I know I'm going to feel like an LP (remember them?) churning out the same old tune but I hope it won't sound that way. :D

The term 'Modern Spiritualism' refers to the philosophy and registered religion whose teachings and guidance I expect you're already familiar with. It's a term I now use routinely, just dropping back to 'Spiritualism' after I've used the longer one or where readers already understand what I mean.

It's not just an affectation because the SNU - umbrella body for many Spiritualist churches - also uses the two-word term. What I specially intend it to signify is the difference between 'spiritualism' or 'spirituality' and 'Modern Spiritualism'. I've given up arguing and falling out with folk about it though because some will just not accept there's a difference. I see 'modern' as the past couple of centuries. Before then communication still happened of course but without formal structure.

The other aspects - survival and modes of communication - relate to our survival beyond death and the various ways discarnates communicate with incarnates. Under those general descriptions can be found channeling compared with mediumship, psychic compared with spiritual guidance, Tarot, NDE, OOB, personal communication development plus methods of electronic communication.

11. mac

mac Active Member

Well that's very kind of you to say that and I'm flattered but my response to Scommstech will explain my approach nowadays.

12. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Thank you Mac, I completely understand. I have seen changes in the forum myself. This was one of true blue favorites in forum form. I do not personally care for Facebook..but I still watch and read. Hopefully more persons like yourself will comeback around.
    Yes, I read the response ..very interesting.

13. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

Hi Mac.
    I've read and re read your answerer and to be honest I am a little confused.
    I have never attempted it myself but does it matter what structure one uses to communicate to energies on the "other" side. I don't see how making something structured changes the end result.
    I know that the NSU is more organised and to a certain extent more safeguarded in its approach to spiritualism but since time began there seems to have been a connection between the "living" and the "dead".
    Spirituality to me however is not the same as spiritualism. Where the actual term spirit came from beats me but spirituality to me is the Divine essence in itself not the expired physical identity that spiritualist attempt to contact.
    To be honest I look at spiritualism as merely the proof that an individuals identity such as his or her soul survives physical death.
    Once that is accepted then our true purpose is to nourish the soul and support its development.

14. mac

mac Active Member

With respect, that's not what I said. I was simply comparing the formalised structure of Modern Spiritualism as per the SNU compared with how it was before either existed.

Which is what I'd been getting at. A more 'structured' approach has evolved for a host of reasons and at least one of those is for protection of both mediums and seekers.

I totally agree - I've lost count of the number of folk who have told me different though.....

And spirituality to me means something different. Neither of us is wrong. :)

For me it's more but the fundamental principles of Spiritualism are our survival beyond death and the possibility of trans-dimensional communication via mediumship.

That's a different conversation. :)

15. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Oh Mac, this is so delicious. This is truly making me feel better and better. Omg, our uniqueness in the great universes. Cheering!

16. mac

mac Active Member

I'm glad the conversation appeals to you, Zandalee, but I confess I'm at a loss to understand quite why that is.....

17. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Mac, the reason the conversation appeals to me is as you stated very slow on healthypages. I have so enjoyed viewing different viewpoints that are interesting and thought provoking. So delighted to see this although a small amount again on the forum.
    You thoughts on this subject matter is thought provoking. I thank you.

18. mac

mac Active Member

I'm pleased to hear why you've enjoyed my thoughts and ideas.

I was an extensive contributor here on the old HP pages. Both here at that time - and also elsewhere in past and present - my policy was and still is to be relevant and thought-provoking.

As I approach matters-spiritual very different from many others that tends to happen readily.;):D

19. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

Hi Mac
    Reference your statement as to what spirituality means, would you like to elaborate on what spirituality means to you.
    As to the fundamental principles of Spiritualism, I do wonder where the true value is.
    I myself have had messages that I am convinced could only have come from someone who had passed over. I have also witnessed events that although at the time credited to spiritual activity could easily be credited to other non spiritual action.
    Quantum physics appears to be opening scientific avenues that previously were almost certainly attributed to non human activity.
    The recently discovered field or force is one such phenomena that may be playing a significant role in our relationship with all others, including what we think of as the spiritual realm.
    Harry

20. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Harry,
    I have personally received many messages from person that have passed over as one would say.
    These messages at least some have been life changing and truly made me appreciate the wonders of the "energy" that connects us or disconnects depending on how you viewed the physics of the situation or messages. Thank you. So well written.