Healthypages

Reiki on broken bones

Discussion in 'Reiki & Energy Healing' started by lena, May 14, 2007.

1. omega1

omega1 Well-Known Member

RE: Reiki on broken bones

I tend to see at as if someone comes for a treatment and they allow you to treat them, then the energy you use will determine the outcome of the treatment, for example a low frequency energy of around 7Hz will cause a broken bone to repair,regardless ofwhat thehealee wants the energy to do. The healee cannot stop the energy acting on the broken bone, any more than a patient can stop the action of say radiotherapy or ultrasound. Ultrasound is an energy which acts on the body, if the body is within its range it will respond regardless of the patient's wishes.

2. omega1

omega1 Well-Known Member

I agree to a certain degree, I think it all depends on the specific situation for each individual. If it is a simple break and the bone is set in the right position then I think it's fine to treat it. If the bone as Paul rightly said is sticking out of the healee's arm, then it needs to be set first. I think it is expecting a bit much from Reiki to pull the bone back into the arm, stop the bleeding, heal the wound, and alignthe bonestraight and keep it immobilsed until it heals.
    I have complete faith in Reiki, but if it was my arm, I would go to the hospital first, get it treated, thenI would heal it with Reiki everyday until recovery. That's just my opinion.

3. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Well, obviously, yes, if it's that severe then it would be expecting a little too much. If it was that severe I'd be taking the person to the hospital myself. ;)

Love and Reiki Hugs

4. kashikoi

kashikoi Banned

I would not force anyone to have healing. I would only heal someone who came to me for healing. I never heal anyone without their permission, because it is intrusive and invasive to enter someone's energy field without prior consent. However, I do not believe that the healee can reject the energy if they are being healed, as some healers say. If energy is channelled into them, it will start to heal them, regardless of whether they want to be healed or not. This is why it is so important to have consent for healing, so as not to force healing on anyone who does not want it.

If a doctor injected someone with a needlewhile they were not looking and aware of it, it would still effect them, even if they did not want the injection. The same goes for Reiki. If energy is channelled into someone, it will effect them, whether they want to be healed or not.

5. Paul Crick

Paul Crick Healthypages Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi kashikoi

Now that is what separates energy healing form therapy, therapy can and oftenare administered without the patients consent, they can be force fed drugs and all manner for therapies without their consent, if you don't agree with this, then ask anyone who hasbeen placedunder the mental health act.

None of the energy beings I work with will admit to being able to work on someone energetically without their higher self being in agreement, non of them can or are prepared to override someones free will concerning spiritual energy matters, which covers all the different energymodalities Ihave received.

I therefore apply this to all my energy work, If I do not get consent, I will not give healing, regardless of my own personal feelings on the matter, in energy work a lot of things seem to be grey areas, but this one is black and white and a definite no, no.

6. MelissaRoseReflex

MelissaRoseReflex New Member

Are we not all missing the point slightly?

Reiki, like other complementary therapies, is a 'wholistic' treatment, ie. it worksto encourage the whole person to heal.

It is a very western reductionist view to talk about broken bones and whether or not Reiki energy, given at the site of injury will or will not cause the bone to set at an odd angle etc etc. As I say, Reiki is a wholistic treatment, its not about particular symptoms or injuries - it works for the WHOLE person. And it is that own persons body/mind/spitit that decides how best to heal itself - not the Reiki practitioner. I think we're all getting caught up in the Newtonian mindset. Look to the east (or an intergrated view of both east and west), where Reiki came from and see the body/mind/spirit as a whole (that is also connected to the rest of the universe)once more!

Melissa

7. kashikoi

kashikoi Banned

I don't think we are missing the point. Mikao Usui used Reiki to directly treat conditions, as he very clearly specifies in his interview. He worked straight on the illness or injury. The concept of the energy going where it needs to is a Western add on to Reiki.

If Reiki is being used in terms of just allowing the energy to go where it needs to (which it does not do anyway, it goes where you put it) then it is not treating the person at all, let alone as a whole. I think it is pretty obvious if someone comes to a Reiki practitioner with a torn ligament, that it is their ligament that needs treating. Reiki is so much more effective when used directly on conditions. Claiming that the energy is intelligent and goes where it needs to is, in my opinion, doing a disservice to the paying client. Clients should expect results with Reiki. Damaged bones, cartilage, ligaments etc can fairly easily be improved with Reiki healing.

8. MelissaRoseReflex

MelissaRoseReflex New Member

Hi,

I am a Relfexology practitioner with a Traditional Chinese medical background so that is more my field and i apologise if i have spoken out of turn about Reiki. (I have done levels 1 and 2 but do not practice).

I wanted to clear up any confusion about what i was saying before tho. I am not claiming that the energy is intelligent, or goes where it needs to. I just wanted to make the point (and broken bones are maybe a bad example to use to make it) that the healing process is up to the client as it is their process. It is only my personal opinion, but i think looking too specifically at a certain area or complaint can mean you miss the whole picture. In Sekhem (sorry if spelling is wrong) there are emotional and mental reasons behind why a bone is broken, in Chinese medicine it may be associated with the kidneys, kidney meridian, and therefore has associations with the whole body which is linked via the concepts of yin and yang, the 5 elements etc.

Again broken bones may be a bad example as that is an example of first aid, but i think that the healing process of any of my clients may be something i share part of with them, but it will always remain a mystery to me. The concepts mentioned above are merely a theoretical framework to help understand what may be going on.

Hope this makes sense,
    Melissa

9. Reikiangel

Reikiangel New Member

Hello Melissa,

I tend to agree with you. I know for a FACT that Reiki goes where it is needed. Time and again over the past 10yrs I have seen the proof with my own eyes. I give Reiki 'tasters' at events etc and I give 15 mins. I am not 'treating' anyone, just letting the energy flow for them to experience how it feels. It's AFTER this that I ask for feedback and then people say "oh, I felt more heat/cold/tingling etcin this spot". I then ask them have they had an injury/operation/ emotional trauma in that areaand EVERY time the answer is yes! So, without me knowing what problems there have been/are the Reiki has gone in and worked on the relevant area. Yes, if someone comes with a specific problem as a client we discuss lots of things at the consultation and sometimes it is so obvious that the physical problem is being caused by an emotional one. I then work with the correct energy for emotions and without fail the physical problem improves. This is just my own observations and opinions but I am more than happy to work this way as I am being guided and taught by the Reiki energy every time I use it and prefer that than being told by another human being what I SHOULD be doing thank you!
    As for brokenbones (this comes up time and again on this forum!) of course no one in their right mind is going to Reiki an unset bone. But even if they tried the bone is not going to set straight away lol! Set bones can be treated for three continuous days to aid the healing process and to have a more 'perfect' edge to edge mend. I have met with other Reiki healerswho have had a lot of sucess with this method.
    Just keep Reiki simple. Dr Usui did not invent Reiki, he re-discovered it and used it in a way that suited him. Who's to know that his way was the only or correct way of using this ancient energy? What if he was using it in a way that it was not meant to be? Reiki energy is Universal and there to be accessed by those who are willing to work with it. Let's stop trying to make it more complicated than it is, use it in the way that is best for us as the channels and RESPECT all others who are on this path with us.

Have a nice day lol!

Love and light

reikiangel

xxx

10. omega1

omega1 Well-Known Member

This is a typical statement made by many Reiki people. It comes down to what you mean by Reiki. If you mean any spiritual energy system, you're right Usui-sensei did not discover every spiritual energy system that exists. IF on the other hand by Reiki you mean Usui Reiki Ryoho, then Usui-sensei DID discover and develop HIS OWN SYSTEM. Usui Reiki Ryoho IS unique to Usui-sensei, with specific techniques and methods unique to his teachings. In his own words he states that his Reiki Ryoho is unique and unlike any other system in the world. Of course now there are many systems of Reiki based on his teachings, which are simply adaptations of his teachings, some effective some not.

In my opinion we should be using Reiki in a way that is best for the people we are treating. Just a thought.

I may be more in line with Japanes tradtition here, but I believe we should respect the founder of Reiki and his teachings by keeping to his teachings and not making things up as we go along simply because it suits us or is easier for us.Again, this is just my opinion. Each to their own as they say.

11. Reikiangel

Reikiangel New Member

EXACTLY, so why did you feel the need to 'correct' me?

Love and light

reikiangel

12. kashikoi

kashikoi Banned

Just a thought, but perhaps they feel the energy purely because people tend to have these sort of sensations when energy generally travelling through the body, it does not necessarily mean that the energy is working directly on the condition, simply that they feel it in this area because that is a weak spot in their body. Personally, I feel it is much more effective to work on the presenting condition. If someone comes to me and says I have spina bifida, I am going to work on that, as it is the problem that requires the most urgent attention. If the individual had a pain, with no known medical cause and I intuitively felt that the issue was emotional, then I would use emotional healing, directed at the specific emotional trauma.

I believe that just by channelling energy without input, too many different frequencies of energy are used in one go and only a small part of the energy is working on the condition, the rest is being wasted, where as if the energy is concentrated using intention, visualisation and the Reiki symbols, the exact frequency needed by the condition is being used and so none of the energy is wasted.

13. omega1

omega1 Well-Known Member

I wasn't correcting you, I was just clarifying the point for other users of the forum. Sorry if I caused offence.

14. Anthony Larkin

Anthony Larkin New Member

Reiki has an intelligence of its own - it will go to where it is needed!
    My opinion is that Reiki can never do any harm!
    Always ask that whatever healing is necessary will go to the person if it is for their highest good for as often and for as long as it is needed.

To say that Reiki can interfere with the healing of a broken bone is like saying that certain prayers could harm a person if said for them.
    You are treating the whole person, not just the broken bone, the Powers that Be decide on what is appropriate, we are not the Healers, but, rather should be thought of as catalysts facilitating triggering of a healing process.

The next thing we will hear is that some "stray" rays of Reiki being beamed to somebody over a distance will literally "hop" against someone who gets in the way and could damage them!

By all means ask the GP for permission - most times he will voice an opinion on something he has never studied!!!!!!!

After all we have free will and a free choice.

I have been practicinf Reflexology since 1979 and Reiki since 1995 professionally and have never heard of either modalities ever causing harm - the time is nigh for therapists to trust themselves or seek more competent teachers.

Anthony Larkin
    Principal, European Reiki Healing Institute, & European Institute of Classical Reflexology

EDITED to remove email address, which members are advised not to post on the open forums because of the risk of sp*mbots.

15. wolfen

wolfen New Member

ive yet to see any hard evidence to back this up so its yet another reiki myth IMO....and dead contrary to 'reiki is intelligent and goes where its needed':eek:...often uttered in the same sentence as the bone thing..lol. not exactly reiki but a comfrey compress works wonders;)

16. Reiki Pixie

Reiki Pixie New Member

Hi ya Reiki Dudes

I've been practising Reiki since 1996 and I have tried different methods and techniques. I found (for me) that Reiki works both directly (as in chakra or acupressure work) or indirectly (as in intuitive hands-on healing, going with the flow and giving it some welly). I feel that Reiki has a subtleflow that is goes with whatever you believe in (i.e. reflex zones, TCM, Ayurveda, various chakra models, auric levels, faith in a healing deity or higherselfand so forth). Adding to that, it's like a homeostatic healing mechanism (negative feedback loop) that adjusts according to the need of the receiver. You can call that higher intelligence if you like.

As for broken bones or any other serious injuries, common sense is necessary, and then the application of Reiki. Why waste time arguing over hearsay - act like spiritual warriors not frightened bunnies!

I also agree with the comments that healing the whole person is important. Why did the person with the broken bone (without being judgemental) find themself in that situation? What needs to be learnt? What does it stop the person doing? etc..........

Best Wishes

Dave the Reiki Pixie

17. Somerset Angel

Somerset Angel New Member

I was taught by my reiki master that reiki helps to speed up the healing process of bones. I have been doing reiki since 1997 and not come across damage from reiki where broken bones are concerned. We have a duty of care to advise a client to seek medical care for any condition. it is advisable to say in notes that the patient was advised to seek medical treatment. I never ceases to be amazed at the results reiki achieves.

18. Healistic

Healistic New Member

Slightly off topic, but IMO you should not say that reflexology couldn’t cause harm.
    Reiki is non evasive, whereas reflexology has many contra indications.

19. omega1

omega1 Well-Known Member

I have heard many Reiki people say this. This is a modern Western concept as it contradicts the way Reiki was taught and practiced in Japan by Usui-sensei and Hayashi-sensei. They used Byosen Reikan Ho to actaully locate areas that needed treating, and they developed the Ryoho Shishon guide to healing that gave specific and precise hand positions for a large number of illnesses and injuries. They obviously believed that the energy went where you put it, which is what I believe and have found in my experience to be true.
    I do wonder where this concept originated from, as it is not from Usui Reiki Ryoho.

20. Kirk Halgren

Kirk Halgren New Member

Decades back in my late 20s, I cracked a rib in a hot tub accident. It took six weeks to heal with lots of pain, and it did not heal properly since it cracked again. Same thing the second time around but the third time I cracked it (all in the same spot) I used energy medicine and it took only five weeks, with much less pain, and it healed back to full strength. I didn't mean to test it, but in the worst fall of my lifetime (after scores, perhaps hundreds, at the roller rink learning jumps back in my teens) I fell on the ski slopes at a pretty fast clip. I could barely walk away from that fall, with 3 of my six deltoids so shot that raising my arms to the front or one side caused excruciating pain, but the rib held. I was thrilled, since I still skate and I'm trying to get my jumps back in late middle age. If I was unable to take a fall in practice, I would have to stop trying to jump. Nursing those three cracked ribs are the only times I have ever felt old.