Healthypages

red robin meaning?

Discussion in 'Shamanism' started by Cherry, Sep 14, 2008.

1. fleur

fleur Active Member

It needs to watch where it's going!

2. Cirrus

Cirrus New Member

It should have gone to Specsavers!:cool:

RxXx

3. oakapple

oakapple New Member

......:rollaugh::rollaugh::rollaugh:

4. tigress

tigress New Member

I hope the bird was ok after that misadventure

5. mystique65

mystique65 New Member

Red Robin

I would like to share my story of this amazing bird.. This morning my friend woke up and saw a robin setting inside the my window, which i only left slightly open the night before. I also live in a communal block of flats and i live on the top floor. My friend said not to come into the room, because he was trying to encourage the robin back to the window, instead it started to fly around in my living room,then stop, giving me a gaze each time it stopped flying. It was truely amazing experience.

6. Cirrus

Cirrus New Member

I was talking to a friend in my kitchen. We were talking about the wildlife that comes into the garden, mostly squirrels. I said, matter-of-factly, that we never see any Robins, and right at that moment a Robin flew down and sat on the fence outside the kitchen window!!!!

RxXx

7. Cherry

Cherry New Member

Hello
    Some time since i first posted this relating to the little red robin which seemed to be watching over me, it has disappeared!, I look for it where it used to be sat watching me all the time but its not there, it used to be that whenever I looked into the garden it was there looking at me, all I had to do if not was ask if it was near and the next thing would be it would pop up from over the fence, this is what got me to notice it in the first place.
    Things in my life have picked up, my relationship which was going through a very rocky patch has improved, slowly but better, personal issues are still troubling me over what direction I am going in, for my own spiritual path etc, but I do feel my little friend was there for a reason and was just that, a little friend just letting me know it was around and watching over me.

I kept asking the angels and universe to let me know things would be ok and I feel like my little robin was just that.

Thanks for all the replies, I have found them all really interesting
    love and light

8. fleur

fleur Active Member

A Robin flew into our kitchen today.....my OH managed to catch it, and stroke it's head before it flew off out of the window...

was too quick for me though...I didn't manage to get a photo :rolleyes:

9. Brand

Brand New Member

i heard a talk on English Shamanism by Professor Brian Bates and he mentioned robins, and how names like 'Robin Goodfellow' and 'Robin Hood' were common in medieval times. The Robin was associated with bringing good things to people who needed it (like robbing the rich to give to the poor, as Robin Hood did in legend), and the posts on this beautiful thread seem to bear that out. The Robin brings us goodness when we need it. (some stuff on English shamanism, if you are interested, at www.wayofwyrd.com)

10. siri

siri New Member

dead red robin

The morning after our mother died, my sister was sitting in her room watching over her body. There was no-one else in the house. She went to answer the door to let in a friend and together they came back to the room. Lying at mother's feet was a dead robin. How it got there a total mystery. We believe that this is an amazing physical confirmation from Mom that our belief in death being merely a passing to another plane is true. Facing death Mom was afraid that we were wrong and has sent this sign to assure us so that we need never doubt it when our time comes as she did. Wondering if anyone has some other interpretation of this event.:FIFangel:

11. Fick and Finn

Fick and Finn New Member

Robin Visitation

My Mother passed away 2010. My sister recently had a spiritualist reading with amazing messages. I asked in my head for a sign from my mother, within a couple of days I was inside my front door when two birds were clinging to the pebble dashed walls outside. One was an extremely lively bright red Robin the second appeared almost like a dark shadow. The lively one landed on the door handle and then fluttered and landed on the beading edge of the obscured glass above the letter box. Where it really fluttered its tail almost as if to say look at me, it appeared very happy. I called to my wife who came down and saw it before they flew off.
    I feel sure this was the sign I had asked for and was very comforting.
    I wonder the significance of the second shadow bird. I have a couple of theories re that.:):FIFangel:

2 people like this.
  12. Green Phoenix

Green Phoenix New Member

These stories are all very nice. I saw a Robin today come into my garden and hop around on a hazel tree had we previously cut down. As the hazel tree could have signified a joint family endeavour, I took it as a sign of future growth of Monica and my relationship, this partly beacuse we had had a huge arguement the previous day which was then resolved.

Rosalie53: I'm not sure about Robins specifically but after a dead pigeon was found outside the front of our house (probably the cats in retrospect!) I looked up in a superstition and omens book and discovered that a pigeon going into the side of house means the death of someone close being imminent.
    So I would be cautious if nothing else, I suppose death can also mean transformation and I would hope that if something dies it wouldn't have to be literally the life of someone.

Take care blessed be

13. Crowan

Crowan Well-Known Member

Green Phoenix, this is a very old post and I think Rosalie53, who hasn't posted for about 5 years, is unlikely to reply.

It's worth remembering that no creature has a specific meaning shamanically. An individual shaman/shamanic practitioner may well have a relationship with a particular creature that is quite different to that which another shaman might have with the same type of creature.

14. JeepGal2016

JeepGal2016 New Member

MY MOTHER DIED 4 YEARS AGO YESTERDAY A HUGE RED ROBIN CAME IN MY YARD AS I WAS WATERING AND SHE WALKED UNDER THE HOSE OF THE WATER WHILE I WAS HOLDING THE HOSE. IT WAS SO NICE TO SEE SHE CAME TO POSSIBLY SEND ME A MESSAGE.

15. Crowan

Crowan Well-Known Member

I'm glad you found comfort in this. However, as I posted before, there is no specific shamanic meaning in such incidents. A good shamanic practitioner would be able to check up on your mother to see that she is in the place she needs to be.