Healthypages

RAMIPRIL - ACE INHIBITORS

Discussion in 'Heart/Circulation Problems' started by alxpix, Mar 23, 2006.

1. amy green

amy green Well-Known Member

Cairnview - there are many medications for those with high blood pressure. I was on amlodipine and am now on Losarthan. Don't suffer - ask for a different medication!

I wish I didn't have to take any medication for my condition but, alas, extensive research into natural alternatives have yielded beetroot juice as the being the best current option but the dosage is not standardised i.e. reliable as an option.

2 people like this.
  2. Cairnview

Cairnview New Member

Well I don,t smoke, I dont drink, I have cut down drastically on salt intake I,m excercising more

3. Crowan

Crowan Well-Known Member

Diet?

Have you looked at keto?

4. Cairnview

Cairnview New Member

No I haven,t

5. Crowan

Crowan Well-Known Member

Might be worth it.

6. Julia17

Julia17 New Member

Ramipril is really good at lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of heart attacks but it caused me some terrible side effects for the past 5 years. I decided to stick with it as my heart condition vastly improved from taking it also some of the early side effects seemed to wear off after a few months and others I just learned to live with the only one that would have made me stop taking it was a cough. I started on 5mg twice daily but could not tolerate it and was dropped back to 5mg once daily however after five years my blood pressure is now so low and everything under control that they have decided to lower it to 2.5mg daily so I will report if my side effects decrease.