Healthypages

possible cause of thyroid cancer ......

Discussion in 'Cancer' started by Anne Mary, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Anne Mary

Anne Mary Active Member

Found this on my Facebook page today. Thank you Tessa! Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 14.58.09.png

2. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

I try to read this post...is it private?

3. Anne Mary

Anne Mary Active Member

No certainly not. It is a screenshot I uploaded but maybe I should type it out completely.
    I'll do that tomorrow when I have more time, but for now: it says that dental x-rays and mammograms can cause thyroid cancer because dentists and technicians who perform the x-rays don't use the little flaps and 'thyroid guards' they have for that purpose.

4. Jabba The Hut

Jabba The Hut Well-Known Member

Where was this info published Anne Mary?

5. Anne Mary

Anne Mary Active Member

On my Facebook page, by a neighbour.

6. Anne Mary

Anne Mary Active Member

Can you see it now or should I type it out on here?

7. Anne Mary

Anne Mary Active Member

Right here goes, more or less:
    Dr Oz said on a tv show that the fastest growing cancer in women, namely thyroid cancer, may well be related to the use of dental x-rays and mammograms. On the apron the dentist puts on you for an x-ray is a little flap that can be wrapped round your neck. But many don’t use it. Also, there is a ‘thyroid guard’ for use during mammograms. As it happens
    “I had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I felt a little silly, but I asked about the guard and sure enough, the technician had one in a drawer. I asked why it wasn’t routinely used. Answer: “I don’t know. You have to ask for it”. Well, if I hasn’t seen the (Dr. Oz) show, how would I have know to ask?”

This story was forwarded on Facebook by someone I know, who's sister had thyroid cancer when she was in her early twenties. It was originally published by one Opal E. DeLong.

8. Anne Mary

Anne Mary Active Member

This woman I know just told me that in her family of 4 children, she was the only one to not have had problems with her thyroid (although closely monitored) and the only one not to have lots and lots of dental x rays as a child, as the only one who didn't have braces fitted. The family is under expert supervision now and genetics and other causes have been ruled out.

9. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Thank you...I will ask next time I go to my dentist. Which is very soon I must add.