Healthypages

Position for candling

Discussion in 'Ear Candling' started by Sarah Carr, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Sarah Carr

Sarah Carr New Member

I haven't yet done a course in ear candling (I have a grommet at the moment, so thought I'd wait until that had gone, so I could experience a treatment too), but was wondering whether it's possible to do this therapy with the client sitting on a chair (and leaning forward onto a table) rather than lying on a couch?

Thanks for any advice

Sarah

2. Finalshine

Finalshine New Member

I think the best thing to suggest here is that, if you can lay with your head at flat angle for a while then I'm sure your clients can. Try it and see

3. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Having the person lying comfortably on their side with their head supported is best, so a couch or a sofa etc. is ideal. Don't think they'd be comfortable sitting with their head twisted onto a table, but you could always see.

4. Sarah Carr

Sarah Carr New Member

Thanks a lot for your thoughts on this - will have to experiment!

Sarah

5. Samavartaka

Samavartaka New Member

Ear Candling

One of the really nice things about receiving this treatment is the 'cosy, snuggle' effect that a client has when lying down, covered with a blanket, your warm hand supporting the candle on their ear, their hearing cut off so that they can concentrate on relaxation and not speaking. For that reason alone it is a valuable therapapeutic treatment, let alone the fact that it has benefits for clearing ENT area. I am a practitioner of this so both give and receive. However I support others posting to try it and see!