Healthypages

New ideas new thoughts were are they?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Zandalee, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

wow. It seems all the forms have gone quite silent. Where is everyone? For myself I truly got great enjoyment from the insights and the discussions..where are they?
    Confused but loved.
    Zandalee

darrensurrey likes this.
  2. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

I totally agree.
    I love a good discussion but sadly too many can't or won't stray from their core beliefs, or understandings.
    Sad really, because there is such an overlap of ideas and new possibilities to be thought through.
    Stephen Harking is reputed to have introduced the idea that philosophy is dead, and that the world is one giant hologram.
    If you unravel some of the phenomena that we take for granted today there may be merit in Harkin's statements.

3. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Wow. Thank you your reply and response to my posting. It just seems to have a change in the forms. There were great discussions and debates that fed the question and brought forth more thought..were did this go...thank you.

4. Principled

Principled Well-Known Member

Hi Zandalee,

I totally agree with you, but to me the active discussions were a long time ago - before you joined. Back in 2001/2 when I joined, there were several deep thinking people here and we had some brilliant discussions. When I first started reading these forums, someone had had a still born baby and she received 32 loving and compassionate replies. I was deeply touched and just felt that this one such a good place to be.

The first thread I took part in was a discussion about the book "Conversations with God" part 1. In looking it up on my computer search, I came across a post I'd written to someone some time later:

"Going back to the CWG forum – it was such a lovely and loving forum. No arguments. Sigh. It was when I first became a member of HP and I really felt part of a loving family. And from the book, there was one tiny sentence in particular that I just loved and have pondered often and here’s the bit I wrote about it – I was so excited by this discovery! Hope I don’t bore you by repeating it.

"And forget not Who You Are in the moment of your encirclement by that which you are not."CWG

Sadly it seems people have migrated off to other sound-bite new media, some of which I've tried, but can't relate to. I much, much prefer these types of discussions, that you can get your teeth into, but apart from you and Scomm and a few others, people seem to have disappeared. Some of my threads, like the one about healing and the soldiers' experiences in WW1 get read constantly - there are thousands of hits - but by whom, I'll never know, as they never reply, but at least someone out there in cyberspace is finding something to interest them, but it does all feel like one hand clapping sometimes.

Thank you for what you write Zandalee. You are a shining star here.

Love and peace,

Judy

Zandalee likes this.
  5. darrensurrey

darrensurrey Well-Known Member

Most people probably get their kicks from Facebook rather than forums these days.

6. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Thank you so much for giving some feedback...thank you Judy you are a super star yourself. Truly enjoy
    And look forward your post! Be blessed!

7. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Prehaps but I think there something going on..personally.

8. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

Does Facebook have a spirituality section ?.
    All that I've read about Facebook, admittedly from the media is negativity, which to me is the exact opposite of spirituality.

9. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

Hi Zandalee, what do you mean "something going on" !

10. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Changes in the lack of people commenting and sharing has gone down 80 percent. "Something going on" I am not what it is...prehaps instagram or other social media formats. But last year it was so active.... I believe changes are constant and generally for the good. The " something " is most likely to be positive. I am bit sadden by not seeing the wonderful discussions as before.

11. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Agreed. Facebook has a world of it's own. Heathypages I personally like 95 percent better.

12. darrensurrey

Facebook has groups. It's up to you what the topic of the group is. I belong to a number of mindfulness and spirituality groups as well as some local community groups. It's great for bringing people closer together.

Sure, you can post a photo of your breakfast but most people do that on Instagram nowadays. :D

13. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Wonderful that in our web world there is a place for everyone. May there be more enlightenment.

darrensurrey likes this.
  14. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Facebook has it's groups, but often they are by invite only, so it only works if you're invited or allowed in, which isn't really an open forum for discussion like we have here on HP. But people will be people and they'll go their own way, and some like to be in clique groups.
    I think there's also been a downturn in the interest from the public about complementary therapies, and therefore less people wanting to get into it for themselves or with the intention of training for it as a business. That may be due to the more general/global economic situation or for other reasons; it's hard to tell.
    Certainly HP has been quieter for the past couple of years... the odd good discussion kicks off occasionally, but there's certainly not as many people as there used to be. We've also lost some members simply due to ill health or their passing (certainly there have been 3 of the past popular members who've now left this mortal place that I'm aware of)

The format of the community on HP is great, but it's clearly not as popular as it once was. And many questions that people have are already answered and can just be found by searching.

It's a shame, but that's the way it is.

Zandalee likes this.
  15. darrensurrey

Don't know what you mean about the groups. Most of them you can search for a group, then join them - many might require admin approval (like many forums do). Yes, there are hidden groups but there are multiple open groups covering every topic you could imagine. I found the spiritual groups I belong to by simply searching on FB and clicking "join".

I think more people are interested in therapies these days. Western medicine doesn't always have the answers and people are learning this. We're even getting traditional big businesses interested to the point where they have therapy days and regular visits for the staff. I participate in these days.

16. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

I wonder if people are just scared to leave their own comfort zone. There are some incredible concepts surfacing from the scientific field that seem to blow holes through many accepted traditional beliefs.
    There is one demonstration in particular that fascinates me. You can see it on U-tube were a group of four people stand around a seated person and by placing there hands in a certain order above the head of that person allows them to then, using two fingers under the arms and knees of that person lift that person off the chair.
    Now when I first saw this it was at a Spiritualist meeting and I assumed that it had something to do with Spirit and a "prayer". This is obviously not the case, and it does demonstrate that gravity is not due to weight.
    A gospel ( not the ones in the Bible ) records someone flying, and witches are traditionally described as using broomsticks to fly. Maybe there is a totally scientific understanding that some of these people actually understood. Even Jesus is defying gravity as recorded when he walked on water.
    Yet where is the interest in subjects such as this, were universal energy must be involved..

darrensurrey likes this.
  17. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

Wow. These replies I find thought provoking and interesting. I excited to see the different responses and input. I have notice that in the past year that I have joined in the last six months there has been less commentary. All in all delighted to be here.
    Peace and hope.

darrensurrey likes this.
  18. Zandalee

Zandalee Active Member

So true. Who has pasted? I was not aware!

19. Jabba The Hut

Jabba The Hut Well-Known Member

Do you mean passed???

20. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Well, we lost Holistic quite a few years ago now, and she was definitely a highly active member as well as moderator (and still nobody has surpassed her number of posts on here, which always gives me a smile).

Sunanda we lost a couple of years ago, though she was positive and full of good spirit to the very end. Her wisdom is very sadly missed. She now rests in a place in the forest.

And it's just coming up to two years since we lost Dez Sellars... unfortunately taken from us too young. Not only a wise soul, but someone who helped hundreds of people in his practice and through his local radio spot; and was an excellent teacher of EFT and Freeway (not to mention the many laughs we had learning Yellow Bamboo with him). Unfortunately I was unable to get to see him at the end as I was over in the U.S. at the time, though we kept in touch via text and he passed just a couple of days after I returned. His humanist funeral was attended by myself (and my partner; she was a client of his) and by a few other members of HP.

There are no doubt others who we have just lost touch with.