Healthypages

Kali, Possession, and Hindu Femininism

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by Venetian, May 26, 2005.

1. Venetian

Venetian New Member

RE: Kali, Possession, and Hindu Femininism

Forgive me and forget it, Prashna.

The truth is, I wasn't looking for an intellectual debate with you or with anyone.

I was just reading up on modern India, and discovered some widespread things that I never knew of, and which the West wouldn't come near to tolerating.

Peace,

V

2. Prashna

Prashna Banned

RE: Kali, Possession, and Hindu Femininism

Hi venetian,

There is nothing to forgive or to forget. What you wrote was a spontaneous reaction. It was honest, decent and showed genuine concern. What more can anyone ask for? I certainly do not ask for more and am genuinely grateful when I receive that much.

You just read about some abominable practices, did you?

Well, I have seen sights that I have had to turn away because I could not bear it. Monkeys and bears used inhumanely by beggars or worse still the gangmaster that uses poor people to beg in the streets for their own profit. That's bad enough!

But when they deform children and use themto beg to fill their coffers, you tell me how am I supposed to bear that?

The abuse that I have seen and the complete lack of concern surrounding it beggars belief. No, you cannot afford to let yourself be influenced by all that. Those will be there for some years yet. But we won't. Let us use the limited time we have on this earth to do what we can for others if posssible, if not, thenfor ourselves. And I do not mean earthly riches. I mean riches that are beyond compare, beyond all earthly measure.

Regards.

Prashna

3. marie.bargas

marie.bargas New Member

Dear Venetian,

I have been studying Kashmir Shaivism for almost a year now and have been doing puja to Kali and Bhairava through the Universal Shaiva Fellowship in the tradition of Swami Lakshmanjoo. I am also an American pagan blogger, PR and reality show personality. I have been fascinated by this topic recently. Can you please contact me and let me know if you have completed this story and/or documentary? Marie Bargas hollywoodwitch@gmail.com