Healthypages

I've been told to throw my Reflexology, New Age books in the bin?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LilacJewel, Feb 17, 2018.

1. LilacJewel

LilacJewel Member

Hello everyone

I studied Reflexology, Indian Head Massage and Reiki years ago and never set up or never really practice them.

I've been to see a Faith Healer Man for few problems and he done prayers and I feel great :)

We got into a conversation and I was telling him what I studied years ago and I do practice Yoga. He said when you go home throw all them books in the bin and advised me to stay away from Yoga! He doesn't believe in this New Age and believe's its best for God to heal us!

Quite a few years ago I had a similiar conversation with a lady and her view was the following:
    "They are of Eastern origin. False Gods Hinduism, Buddhism, and Chinese phycology etc. We are Christian first by birth then by faith. Jesus said "you shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve". to my understanding and i have been down the road of searching, these rituals etc are not tools of healing used in the bible as the way taught by the son of God, Jesus.The philosophy of believing in God and not keeping His commandments or word is a world view that is steeped in paganism, it is not off God. But you are off free will so its your call, i suggest you read the bible to find the answers you seek they are all in there. So God bless now".

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions - I'm just feeling a bit confused by it all and wondering will I throw these books out? I know I don't practice any therapies (maybe a foot massage on a friend) but would occasionally go for a treatment of Reflexology and do Yoga - just feeling confused?

Lilac

#1 LilacJewel, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Justin K. Cottril likes this.
  2. jnani

jnani Well-Known Member

Lilac, it is not hard to see that what they say will be confusing to most.

But there is truth in what they say.
    The west started to delve in all these eastern concepts, subtle energies, practices in the last 3-4 decades and really gone crazy with it in the last couple of decades.

The general approach of 95% of folks towards the eastern wisdom is very shallow, pretentious and know-it-already, own-it, so-got-it. It's almost a fashionable accessory in one's spiritual attire for everyone to see. It's all a juvenile drama

East has a certain approach to life, an understanding, an unbroken tradition....which is about inner discipline, quiet, grounded and surrender....and about humility

Western folks have rushed in this wisdom( freely available to all with internet) with their usual air of confidence, can-do gusto and an element of subtle superiority.
    It is yucky

Not that the eastern religions are false....wisdom needs submission. West is disenchanted with their own tradition, for one reason alone- that is an inability to submit.
    Submitting to bible, Jesus? Bugger that! I go and get reiki, sit in meditation and submit that to my interpretations, talk extensively about what I experience, what I understand, what lights my candle....and blah blah. Eastern wisdom can be reduced to new agey mumbo jumbo half baked personalized, customized wisdom and thats where fun lies. It can be made all about me, my little self. That's where most spiritual folks are. Most people are interested in owning wisdom...it's just that western folks(Not All, but most) haven't got time, patience and humility to submit to wisdom there in. So it's likely to harm more than benefit. Ego-fuss happens....and that's what this mentor you saw picked up on

To accept any students my preconditions are not that different. They are asked to stop dead in their tracks with self help and spiritual stuff.. All meditations, practices, reiki, healing, healing techniques, yoga etc they do have to stop before they start with me. People are so full of spiritual crap, they are rendered totally unreceptive. That kind of wisdom is poison and nothing else. It's a noise of me, me, I, I, my my, mine mine...the biggest obstacle in one's own way.. ever

To really know, one unlearns, not learn more. Even the highest truth turns out to be a harmful thing in wrong hands. Our present culture is so cocky and juvenile, it can't appreciate this simple truth

Hope that has helped you understand their stance a bit.

#2 jnani, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    darrensurrey and Principled like this.
  3. Principled

Principled Well-Known Member

Hi Lilac,

Well, I guess you have to ask yourself if your past therapies helped you. You say that you feel great after seeing this healer......

Just get very quiet and listen for answers. Ask the universe, or God, or divine Love (whatever term you use) to give you the answer (not us on HealthyPages!) Remember that we are all here to express love and to find our one-ness, our unbroken connection with our Source. We can, as Jnani says, only find that through quietness, humility and love.

I follow a Christian path, which includes healing through prayer and find it answers all my questions and I have found protection, peace, guidance, supply, as well as physical healing, but I would never try to force it on anyone else, or try to scare anyone off what they find helps them. We all have our own path.

But I do so agree with Jnani about the spiritual indigestion people give themselves these days with the Heinz 57 variety spirituality that is practiced! ;)

This little ditty (author unknown to me) just sums it up:

New Age Lullaby

Hush little baby don't you squall,
    Momma's gonna buy you a crystal ball.

And if you still can't see beyond,
    Momma's gonna buy you a magic wand.

And if that wand don't change your fate,
    Momma's gonna teach you to levitate.

And if the astral makes you sick,
    Momma's gonna buy you an incense stick.

And if that patchouli smells too rank,
    She'll buy you a sensory deprivation tank.

And if that tank don't float your bones,
    Momma's gonna buy you some precious stones.

And if those gems don't ease your heart,
    Momma's gonna buy you a natal chart.

And if your planets go berserk,
    Momma's gonna buy you some bodywork.

And if your aura still needs kneading,
    Momma's gonna buy you a past life reading.

And if your destiny still stays hid,
    Momma's gonna buy you a pyramid.

And if your chakras still feel stressed,
    Momma's gonna take you on a vision quest.

And if power animals don't come to charm ya...
    Sorry, kid, it's just your karma.

Love and peace,

Judy

Jabba The Hut, scommstech and jnani like this.
  4. jnani

jnani Well-Known Member

That poem Judy!
    Very pleased that you commented too. Gets us interacting a little, which is nice

5. scommstech

scommstech Active Member

Hi
    Nobody should tell you what to accept or what to reject. Many faith healers do get good results but very few know how the process really works, and that probably can be said for many "new age" advocates as well.
    I personally have tried to understand healing and creation from a scientific point of view and I feel that many of the answers are there to be found.
    For me its been like learning the parts of a bicycle, but knowing how a bicycle is put together is not the same as riding one, and that is the problem.
    Many eastern philosophy's and even "new age" practices are similar to learning the parts. Irrespective of how grand they seem, or promises they make they don't seem to hit the nail on the head as far as providing a sound discipline as far as healing. These teachings do not seem to explain how we were created or why. Until one has this knowledge one has to fall back on faith alone to heal the body. Even with this knowledge you still can't dismiss faith, but your faith now is being helped by an understanding..
    It is absolutely true that all healing comes from God. If you comply to this faith commitment you will have the ability to heal.
    It is true as the Bible says that If a person has enough faith they can move mountains. I know that we can certainly levitate, as I have done it and had it done to me. Unfortunately most of us were never taught faith as children so we have to try and learn it in later life. Money also rears its ugly head. People make lots of money selling ideas especially to people searching for the "truth". But if you look carefully you start to notice that most of it is just a re hash of someone else's thoughts cleverly presented but void of any real value.
    Trust yourself.

#5 scommstech, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  6. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

When someone tells you what you should be doing, or what you should be believing, then that is their own attempt to control you and your beliefs for their own purposes.

It's not up to anyone else what you choose to study, read or practice. If you find them beneficial to you, then you stick with it, if not, then make it your own choice what you do about it.

To me, that says everything. This person was pushing their own religious beliefs on you by trying to make you believe that other practices are "false". Yet we could take Christianity back through the ages and consider the likely possibility that the bible is a translation of a translation of a translation etc. that has passed down through ages and cultures, which themselves originate in Eastern cultures. The teachings of Hunduism, Buddism and others teach the same morals and stories as the Bible, but just with different cultural references.

Nobody has the right to say that Christianity, nor any other belief or practice, is better than any other.

Oh, and just remember that Yoga, Indian Head Massage, Reiki and Reflexology are not "new age", they are ancient practices. New age influences may add stuff on to them or adapt them for themselves, but in themselves they are not new age.

7. Ian Fitch

Ian Fitch New Member

Hi Lilac,
    You must try and find your own truth, I believe it is wrong to accept everything you are told at face value, excepting
    the obvious; jumping into a well is very likely to lead to injury in the same way that juggling with chainsaws is a foolish pastime. Reiki is not an ancient modality but like Yoga was really about self improvement and health, massage therapies were also developed as a means of improving the health of the recipient. Unfortunately religion gets in the way so much of the time, putting obstacles in the way of genuine enlightenment. Modern religions have been and still are responsible for more pain and suffering by souls on souls than any other cause.
    One can experience a revelation that proves beyond doubt that something greater exists without having to practice a religion before or after.
    Who ever told you that the therapies you practiced were wrong is a fool, how can it be wrong to give aid to another and alleviate suffering ? I believe that prayer can help but only when used with true intent in the same way that one could be attuned and practice using reiki but without true intent and an open heart nothing will happen. Follow your heart . I wish you well.