Healthypages

I need some help please

Discussion in 'Natural Remedies' started by Bluecrystalman, May 26, 2005.

1. Bluecrystalman

Bluecrystalman New Member

My wife is going through a tough time at the moment for reasons that i am not able to discuss on here(not my fault either btw), but it is making her very depressed, she has seen the GP about the problem and we are doing soemthing about it, but not until the middle of July.

Is there anything natural that she can take to try and lift her spirits a little, it is really hurting me seeing her crying all the time and unable to do anything about it, i can't even give hwe a hug most of the time as it just makes her cry even more.

Please help someone, i don't want her on Prozac or derivatives, being in the medical industry i know what they can do and would like something natural.

Love & Light

Mark
    :(

2. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

RE: I need some help please

Hiya Mark,

Obviously we can't diagnose or prescribe, but in the case of depression caused through a lack of seratonin in the brain you may like to look into L5-HTP (L5-hydroxytryptophan) which is a natural bean extract and works as a natural supplement of seratone which then gets converted to seratonin. Because it's a supplement, it's not altering the way the body's natural chemistry works unlike pharmacutical anti-depressants.

Hope that helps

Love and Reiki Hugs

3. Bluecrystalman

Hi Giles

Thanks for responding so quickly, Is seratonin, the bodies natural uplift drug then? I seem to remember it being so, but with so much going on at the moment i need some help clarifying

LOve & Light

Mark
    [sm=FIFangel.gif]

4. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Yeah, from what I recall, the body produces a hormone of some sort (can't remember the name), which it then converts to seratone and then that gets converted to seratonin which keeps the brain all happy :D

The chemical drugs on the market do two types of things either a) cause the body to produce more of the hormone (I think these sort are banned in the US) or b) blocks the body from disposing of unused seratonin and recycling it, therefore gradually building up more seratonin for the brain to pick up again. Because both of these methods effect how the body naturally works they cause unwanted side effects of varying degrees which are different in different people.

L5-HTP is purely a supplement of the seratone in the middle stage which the body takes and converts naturally to seratonin during it's normal process.

There's no doubt loads of info on the web about it.

Love and Reiki Hugs

5. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Oh and if you want to know where to get Veggie versions of the HTP tablets I can point you in the direction of an online shop that delivers quickly. The ones in Holland and Barrett contain Gelatine in their capsules.

Just PM me it that's a requirement.

6. Bluecrystalman

Thanks Giles, I will do.

Mark

7. spinal music

spinal music Active Member

Have you thought about St.John's Wort?
    Also exercise is a great lifter of the spirits.
    How about a post on the healing thread?
    Check how she's eating - healthy eating maintains blood sugars at a regular level and prevents highs and lows.
    Hope she feels better soon Mark - it sounds like it's tearing you up too.
    Sharonxx

8. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

The only problem with St.Johns Wort is that it can have an adverse effect on any other medications including the Pill, so it's best to discuss with GP if there's a chance it could have any such effects.

But I do agree that exercise is definitely good for uplifting too, as well as some alternative therapies such as Reiki or EFT.

Love and Reiki Hugs

9. Bluecrystalman

Her diet is fine, she is up a 6am 4 days a week doing an hours exercise routine, so all that side is being taken care off, the problem is a physical one that is making her depressed, not a mental one. Thanks for your advise everyone. I am sitting here just wanting to cry, but am forcing myself not to. I can do spiritual healing, but having tried that on her once before she didn't like it and someone else has mentioned EFT, so i need to look up that.

Love & Light

Mark

[sm=FIFangel.gif]

10. spinal music

spinal music Active Member

EFT could well help her with her physical problem, as well as her relationship with it - if you didn't know already www.emofree.com - there's a free download of info which will get you started, and plenty of help here.
    Best wishes

11. Bluecrystalman

Thanks Sharon

I don't think EFT can help with her physical issue, it may help with the depression, but until we sort the physical issue it will still be there.

Love & Light

Mark
    [sm=FIFangel.gif]

12. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

It may not help with the physical issue regarding anything that may require certain medical attention, but it can certainly help with any aches and pains and with the emotional issues surrounding that physical issue, which in turn can lead to assisting the physical healing. Definitely worth giving it a go.

Love and Reiki Hugs

13. Bluecrystalman

oh ok Giles, i will look into it in great detail then as this is not going to be a quick fix i feel, July will be the beginning of a long journey.

Love & light

Mark
    [sm=FIFangel.gif]

14. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

More advice and help re EFT can be found in the Mind Therapies forum. ;)

Love and Reiki Hugs

15. Doq

Doq New Member

Mark - so sorry to hear about this health worry, and the effect it is having. it sounds like situational anxiety, trepidation and "grief in advance" that is being expressed, and antidepressant type treatment will not be much help.

I would recommend an 'adaptogen' to help your wife through this worrying wait - used to be Kava Kava was favourite, but since that was withdrawn, I have been getting excellent results with Rhodiola - I usually give the Solgar Rhodiola one vegicap three times daily. This has no known contraindication ( unlike SJW) and is available over the counter at good HFS - I precribe it on the NHS and our Lloyds Pharmacy gets it in.

Reflexology would be a useful relaxing therapy which is not intrusive (as you say hugging is out at the mo)

Appropriate counselling may also be useful - suggest contact the clinic referred to and see if there is advance contact with a Nurse Practitioner available - even if only on the phone; also specific patient groups have excellent helplines to contact.

Needless to say, if there is anything I can do to help as an HP buddy, you only have to ask.

[sm=hug.gif][sm=love-smiley-009.gif] Tim

16. Bluecrystalman

Thanks Tim

Is it this one
    found it on here [link=http://www.solgar.co.uk/modules/shop/view.asp?catid=28&Prodcode=E4162]Rhodiola[/link]

Love & light

Mark
    [sm=FIFangel.gif]

17. Doq

Doq New Member

Mark - [link=http://65.200.170.239/cgi-bin/online_reference_new/online_ref.pl?function=Product&id=96765308629657]this is the one I use[/link] xx Tim

18. Bluecrystalman

Thnx Tim

Mark

19. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Oh well if we're putting up links, here's the veggie HTP for you to have a look at too:-

[link=http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/body-soul/5-hydroxytryptophan.asp]Veggie L5 HTP[/link]

Love and Reiki Hugs

20. nicola

nicola New Member

hello Mark,
    I'm sorry to read about your distress. I wonder if you have considered Quantum Touch. It has been really highly effective in pain relief in my experience. I know that you said she didn't like 'spiritual healing'........
    QT is very different. It doesn't have to be 'hands on' either....
    love and sympathy,
    Nx