Healthypages

HP meet up at Wellington 'food town'

Discussion in 'Somerset' started by Reikiangel, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Reikiangel

Reikiangel New Member

RE: HP meet up at Wellington 'food town'

Well,

According to the local press the event was a spectacular success!! Over 5,000 people attended and the local produce people took £100,000 on the day, WOW!. Apparently people came from Bristol,Devon and even further afield which bodes well for the campaign. Guess what? I have volunteered to be part of the localorganisation arranging all this as they were asking for volunteers lol! What do I get myself into?!

So, I shall keep you all informed on what's coming up in the next few years in our bid to be 'Food Town' of the South West. Watch this space lol!

Love and light

reikiangel

xxx

2. Venetian

Venetian Active Member

And watch your waistline! "Foodtown" has a certain ring to it. :D

3. Venetian

Venetian Active Member

P.S. There was a little news story I enjoyed a couple of days ago, but I forget which local paper it was in, and I forget which town or village it was about in the SW. Apparently it was a pretty rare event of either KFC or Burger King or such setting up a joint in this place, and over quite a period the locals just didn't go there. They say their own local food is too good. The fast-food outlet closed down and left. ;)

4. Reikiangel

Reikiangel New Member

LOL Venetian! I only plan to help promote Wellington, not to eat my way through it! I think that's great that the locals supported their local produce rather than the 'fast food chain', good for them!

Love and light

reikiangel

xxx

5. Venetian

Venetian Active Member

Hmm. Well a year till the next one will tell? ;)

6. Reikiangel

Reikiangel New Member

Would you believe it's nearly time for the Food Festival again! It's being held on the 5/6th July. This time though, instead of in the centre of Wellington it is being held at Wellington School in the grounds in a big marquee. There will be park and ride from Chelston roundabout to Longforth carpark and then people will be able to walk through the centre of Wellington and see our local shops before getting to the event.
    For my sins I have volunteered to help out on the Saturday lol! I did enjoy being one of the 'meet and greet' people last year but not sure what I have let myself in for this year!
    So, a big invitation to all HPer's in the South West to come along (that includes you Holistic and Venetion!).

Love and light

reikiangel

xxx

7. CreditonJules

CreditonJules New Member

Hi!

Hi Reikiangel

I'm just sending you a posting to wish you all the best for the HP Meet up!

Unfortunately I'm booked up for that weekend but I would have loved to come otherwise!

I'm in Devon, do you know if there is a HP group that meets up in my county (or can I gatecrash yours from time to time)?

All the best!

CreditonJules

8. Reikiangel

Reikiangel New Member

Hello CreditonJulesand thanks for replying! As yet a Somerset meet-up hasn't happened so you haven't missed out on anything but who knows, we might get something going one day lol.
    As I live so close to the Devon border I have been given permission to 'hop' over if anything is going on for HP members there so I'm sure you can 'come over' to the wild side!

Keep in touch

Love and light

reikiangel

xxx