Healthypages

Hello fellow Mancunians

Discussion in 'Manchester' started by Poppet, Apr 25, 2006.

1. pinga

pinga New Member

Hey everyone!

I moved to Manchester back in 2003, and was initially living in Urmston. Then moved to Whitefield for about 3 years and am now currently residing in West Didsbury - which is really lovely, despite the pretentious atmosphere.
    I really like Chorlton, just up the road, for it's boho and friendly nature - should really venture up there more often, you gotta love Unicorn!

Anyone who ever comes on this thread up for a therapy swap??

Pinga :)

2. Treacle

Treacle New Member

Hi Pinga,
    Do you realise it's 5 months since anyone posted on this thread? and up to now none of them are on here tonight!
    I also lived in Whitefield for a short time, tho' born in Stockport.
    Are any of the previous 'posters' still coming on HP?

3. pinga

pinga New Member

Hi Treacle,

Yeah, I think that appears to be a running theme from what I read throughout the thread. Though sometimes just posting something random bumps the thread back into action (in theory). I think I've seen a few of the others posting on here in other threads... but then again, I haven't been on here that often since I joined up! Terrible!

Wow, another Whitefield veteran! I lived there between the ages of 19 to 23, and it's not a place where I had too much fun to be honest - was quite happy to leave for somewhere a bit more 'happening'... does that mean I've sold out?? hahaha

Where do you live now then? I suspect you've already posted it on here, but haven't read the thread back. And what therapies do you practice?

4. beccajayne

beccajayne New Member

Hiya

HIYA just wanted to introduce myself! i am becca and i live in bury!!woo woo lol!
    i am currently waiting for an interview at city college manchester on holistic therpies!i hate this waiting around..i want to get started!!
    my ultimate goal is to train as a complementary therapist(i think) and i want to train in as many therapies as i can.......erm dont know what else to say really!

i am 19 which means i will have to pay for my course....which is going to be difficult as i have 2 baby boys:eek:

but u have to follow ur dreams dont u!

any other people from bury??

5. cazplay

cazplay New Member

WHOAH beccajayne! two babies and so determined? GOOD FOR YOU!!!
    You've go the world at your feet if you want it.
    Why aren't you going to Bury college - it must be closer for you? and have you asked about grants etc? (or am I interfering-sorry)

Good luck!:)

Oh and to add to the theme, I was born and raised in salford, doing my holistic therapies in chorlton, go shopping in bury, attend a gym in whitefield, worked in swinton and had my babies in crumpsal!!

6. alf doggit

alf doggit New Member

hi yall, i was born in moss side, moved to wythenshawe at 6 months old, and now live in northenden,
    alf doggit

7. Jenny Sercombe

Jenny Sercombe New Member

Hello everyone!

Well I'm originally a Devonshire lass, but have lived all over the place. Manchester(ish) places have included Stockport, Disley, West Didsbury, Whitefield and currently Chorlton which I'm finding to be a lovely place.

I'm practicing acupuncture in Chorlton and volunteering 2 days a week at the Creative Living Centre in Prestwich.

I'm also interested in doing therapy swaps so feel free to get to get in touch over that or if anyone has any questions about acupuncture.

Festive greetings!

Jenny

#27 Jenny Sercombe, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  8. Oggs

Oggs New Member

Hi

I live in Tameside anyone out here? X

9. Masha B

Masha B New Member

Hi Oggs, welcome to HP, am in Glossop just round the corner :)

10. Oggs

Oggs New Member

Just up the road then :) I'm currently on school holidays with my little girl x
    I know Peak District very well I use to o to chapel-en-le-frith alot x