Healthypages

Healing within Yourself

Discussion in 'General Health Discussions' started by Ray of Light, Oct 2, 2016.

1. pamb67

pamb67 New Member

2. pamb67

pamb67 New Member

what does mindfullness mean? Im new to this and im seeking out support coz im going through a hard time

3. amy green

amy green Well-Known Member

4. NICE_1

NICE_1 New Member

You wrote what you wrote as did I for it was the right time for both of us to make our thoughts known.

Speaking of working with an array of helpful tools whether it is working with sound is direct experience of it.

Taking care of the mind-body by means of nutrition / herbs / minerals / crystals are direct experiences.

My philosophy is putting together what compliments a certain condition / illness / challenge.

You have your own philosophy in regards to doing nothing.

Ray has expressed that self healing or the power to heal self is within self which is correct, but as said there are things that can compliment one's inner workings. Ray has spend 15 years finding what works and what doesn't.

If Ray did nothing 15 years ago then ray would not know what works and what doesn't now.

The man lost unto himself would not know any different if he hadn't entertained the enquiry.

Niz would not of realized himself unless he didn't self enquire ...

It depends on where one is at, that is why I said "some require to do rather than not". What applies to you in the moment may not apply to ray or myself in the moment ..

You would have to know ray as you know yourself to say do nothing ..

My input has been relating to the many helpful combinations there are that compliment self healing ..

Self healing can encompass as many levels as necessary, hence the mind-body-spirit-soul connection .. Finding the right combination is a journey unto itself and if one doesn't engage with the journey then one will only know what not engaging brings to the table ..

#24 NICE_1, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
    3 people like this.
  5. Ray of Light

Ray of Light New Member

Hi all

I'm really appreciating the conversation this has produced.

Yes, I have been pursuing healing techniques over the years and whilst my knowledge has built up, in terms of the physical healing, it's pretty much got me nowhere. That's why I was so drawn to jnani's thoughts of doing nothing. I've often seen references to healing taking place when you stop and just be. This goes against my whole nature as I'm very much a doer. So this 'just being' is something I wanted to look at more.

I have for the last week or so stopped taking flower essences which were causing more problems and it feels good to just come back to myself and see what maybe within.

Ray

6. NICE_1

NICE_1 New Member

It really depends on what physical ailments one is trying to heal.

I myself have never ventured into flower remedies to heal anything although heal thyself from bach explained the nature of disease wonderfully well.

Understanding nutrition, understanding the body is a lifetime study and sometimes one can not help their ailment/s through not knowing enough about what causes the ailments in the first place and not understanding what natural products work well.

A friend at work suffers from psoriasis over most of his body and continues to take the doctors prescription drugs / steroid creams and continues to eat a junk food diet.

To do nothing about his situation / ailment will do nothing for his ailment.

As said it really depends on what your or anybodies issues / challenges / ailments are when we start advising what is the best course of action ..

7. jnani

jnani Well-Known Member

Ray, you have said it all. You don't need to work on yourself anymore. you have been ripening, by doing this that and the other...and within you now the effort is coming to an end. When you are ripe enough to just sit, Techniques methods, healings etc don't work for you anymore. They still work for others, but you are not them.
    Your time has come to go beyond effort.

The very road that takes you to your destination cannot be clung to. Most do. in the end the path has be left behind....which is what is happening to you. Something that does not happen very often
    Very pleased for you

3 people like this.
  8. Ray of Light

Ray of Light New Member

NICE1: I've studied nutrition and supplements for about 10 years or so. I don't eat any processed food; my diet is pretty clean and I'm not on any medication; I haven't even taken any simple painkillers for several years.

Neither of the two things I'm trying to heal will be helped with supplements; it's a trauma, so it's going to be my emotional reaction to that and no amount of EFT, TAT, mindfulness has made any impact. One of them I've decided to let go (prompted by jnani's view of letting things go). I've invested enough time and energy in trying to resolve it, so I now want to try the "doing nothing" scenario. I feel there is some progress too as it's not on my mind all the time, seeking, researching, trying things which ultimately cause a new problem.

Ray

3 people like this.
  9. NICE_1

NICE_1 New Member

Ah o.k. now we have established that it is trauma based then I can relate. I had suffered mental and emotional abuse for over a decade in my life experience thus far so know all about trauma. I know that popping any kind of pills won't do that much to resolve the trauma but B vitamins help loads in regards the the stress told upon the body / adrenals as you probably know.

Like I said one has to know what the issue is when one goes about resolving / healing.

What I have realised is that even past life traumas come back to haunt you if they are not resolved, I had three years of self healing the trauma relating too that. Ignoring, it, doing nothing about it doesn't make the issue go away ..

If you want to go down that route because you are exhausted of trying this and trying that then perhaps you are ready to take some rest-bite and I can understand that. Rome wasn't built in day lol.

I kept on and on with getting to the heart of myself with daily meditation / enquiry and yoga was part of the parcel of that process.

I think with all respect that your prompt to ask for help and guidance on your challenges doesn't reflect someone that is in a place within one's self that is beyond effort (not that you have implied that you are).

The saying what you put in is was you get out goes without saying ..

If you have come to terms / accepted the trauma and have forgiven self / others relating too it then like most fires they will eventually die out all on their own .. If you don't feel that you have dealt with all of that side of things then consciously or subconsciously you will keep the fire alight .

10. Ray of Light

Ray of Light New Member

"past life trauma" - well, I have one of those to deal with as well which has showed up in this lifetime as one hell of a phobia which was triggered at the tender age of 5. I tried cognitive behaviour therapy which made the situation worse to the extent I could barely function. This is an example of me trying to sort things and making it worse. Following the CBT I had six sessions of hypnotherapy which got the phobia down to a point I could cope with it with my usual coping mechanisms. I also saw a medium who explained that this had all come from a past life death at the age of 5 - the same age as a situation here triggered it. Anyway, it's more manageable now.

Yes, I have accepted the trauma (not related to the phobia) done that much EFT and TAT on forgiveness, acceptance and on and on. In terms of the 'letting it go' view, I figure that if my body wants to hang onto the trauma, that's up to it - in my mind, I'm more than ready to move on. I'm kinda hoping that with all the work I've put into healing from it over the last ten years that maybe one day the physical will catch up with the mental/emotional.

Ray

11. amy green

If you find doing nothing is not helping you, I am wondering if you have tried creative manifestation. I am suggesting it here in case you haven't. You may be familiar with it. Basically it is a focused process of truly visualising a situation (in your case, your body healed) and then surrendering it to the powers that be to help make it manifest. There is a procedure to it (i.e. what makes it more effective and what can hinder it). I could supply more info on this if need be or you could search further for yourself. It has been successful for so many people!

4 people like this.
  12. NICE_1

NICE_1 New Member

It seems as if you have much on your plate and being sensitive just takes the biscuit doesn't it lol.

I don't think in the long term that any natural treatment / therapy will make your condition worse, it may appear to somehow bring more rawness to the fore but these things have to surface don't they.

I feel for you I do, life doesn't seem to be easy for average Joe nowadays let alone people dealing with trauma's / phobias.

Sometimes as you say that if the body wants to hang on to it then so be it and I am ready to move on regardless is a healthy sign, however as you know the mind-body are not separate, it's just that certain aspects take longer to heal / integrate .. it's rare for instantaneous results where someone feels ready to move on from something and one severs every connection to that something . I suppose it boils down to how deep the connection was .. The deeper the wound the longer it takes to heal as the saying goes.

The work you have put in over the years is never lost and nothing is a waste of time, you were doing the best you can working with what you have at your disposal at the time .

It took me 10 years to work through my stuff and I would say everything I did helped.

I am not sure what physical symptoms you still have left so to speak even though your mindful of letting all of it go, but I must emphasise a huge combination / dose of the B vits / liver, yeast .. if you are suffering any anxiety effects from the trauma.

Addressing the stress on one's glands is paramount.

I used to pray for strength everyday also just to get through the day .. when you are down on your knees the only way is up lol.

I remember my mum saying to me about mental patients once upon a time were given huge doses of B vits instead of other medicines in some kind of trial in the 70's (I think) ..

Even Hubbard had a detox b vit / niacin programme to ween people off of drug abuse, I wouldn't underestimate their benefits.

People need so much more of them these days just for normal day to day experiences..

What also helped with my overload of energy / sensitivity I became a lot kinder with myself and ruled out a lot of situations / environments that I didn't resonate with ..

It wasn't running away from situations, it was rather more acknowledging my energy and honouring that instead of not .

3 people like this.
  13. NICE_1

NICE_1 New Member

Its really another type of mind-magic-alchemic process that aids transformation.

A lot of healers including myself when working on patients use the mind in the way you described above.

Betty shine wrote a book about mind-magic where you would create your own sanctuary in your mind and heal yourself with imagination.

It's just as powerful as the next thing ..

14. Ray of Light

Ray of Light New Member

Hi Amy, do you have any good links on creative manifestation, I'll certainly look into it?

NICE1:
    It seems as if you have much on your plate and being sensitive just takes the biscuit doesn't it lol.

It sure does, I thought my sensitivity would get better as I became older and got more life under my belt, but it would seem not.

I suppose it boils down to how deep the connection was .. The deeper the wound the longer it takes to heal as the saying goes.

I definitely see my life in two parts; before the event and after it.

I must emphasise a huge combination / dose of the B vits / liver, yeast .. if you are suffering any anxiety effects from the trauma.

Funnily enough I've just tried B vits but I couldn't tolerate them; gave me stomach pain, I even tried sublingual but that had the same effect. I've noticed in the last six months or so supplements which I've taken for years I've suddenly become sensitive to. The one thing I do rely on is magnesium.

What also helped with my overload of energy / sensitivity I became a lot kinder with myself and ruled out a lot of situations / environments that I didn't resonate with.

Agree with that, I've become much better at being kind to myself. I figure that if life is going to be so tough on me I'm not going to add to that.

Ray

15. amy green

Doing a google search with the words 'creative manifestation' will supply you with many sites on this. I read "The Quantum Gods" by Jeff Love which is an excellent, detailed description of this process....maybe overly detailed since the process can be done with less conditions. I have also read Shakti Gawain's book on this "Creative Visualisation" which gives many kinds of exercises and is at the other end of the spectrum, i.e. slightly simplistic.

If you find this topic inspires you, I could certainly PM you with my brief notes on what would help this process to succeed and what is known to hinder it.

16. ceidauilyc

ceidauilyc New Member

Wow, it sounds like you need a cleansing stone. Have you ever used a clear quartz or selenite? I have heard the same message from my shaman who gave me a selenite charging plate to meditate with.
    That was 20 years ago ...