Healthypages

Headaches most days starting in the morning.

Discussion in 'Head & Neck Problems' started by #1 Duck, Oct 12, 2014.

1. #1 Duck

#1 Duck New Member

Sorry for my absence of replies. Quite interestingly I woke up with a pretty bad headache this morning which I can only pin on a large milkshake I had the night before. More regularly now I have a glass of milk shake in the morning so could this be a possible cause? I've eaten dairy my entire life with no noticeable affect such as what I experience now, but could the extra milk consumption push my body over the edge hence causing headaches? (if that makes sense).

Additionally I've been looking at a kind of glasses which claim to reduce headaches, dry eyes, blurred and eye strain which is quite interesting and may be worth a test.

2. #1 Duck

#1 Duck New Member

Hi again, not sure if this thread still gets looked at but thought it would be best to carry it on rather than post a new one.

I have another theory I would like some advice on. Since January of last year (2014) I have had a blocked nose as well as experiencing the symptoms listed in this thread (headaches, difficulty concentrating, brain fog etc) and i'm leaning more to the belief that perhaps these symptoms are causing by the blocked nose/sinus issues?

I've read online that sinus issues can cause headaches, diziness and lack of concentration as well as the typical, blocked & runny nose, eye itchiness etc.

My blocked nose started happening as stated a year ago, this was when I moved bedrooms in my house and also the time my brother and sister-in-law brought some house guinea pigs (most likely the cause). I'm thinking of visiting the doctor to discuss all of this and see if an allergy test should be taken and what else he can do. What are your thoughts?

3. Gussie

Gussie New Member

I can only echo what has been said. My first thought is absolutely to ensure you aren't dehydrated, the night is a long time to not drink and that can result in morning headaches. Secondly, check your posture and working position.
    Dairy can be a migraine trigger - if it's migraine not headache.. it can come on suddenly after many years without. By trial and error you can work out if it's that. Other migraine triggers include alcohol (specially red wine), cheese, chinese food (MSG), bananas, caffeine and citrus foods, although this can vary.
    A kinesiologist can perform allergy testing, some doctors will also.

2 people like this.
  4. #1 Duck

#1 Duck New Member

Hi, sorry again for my absence in reply, I did consider starting a new thread but let's see if this gets some replies.

I've come to the conclusion that is something to do with my eye sight/contact lenses as I experience the symptoms immediately after putting my contact lenses in.

I had a contact lens and sight test about a month ago because I have been experiencing headaches, eye strain, difficulty concentrating etc when wearing my contact lenses. As soon as I put them in my eyes I feel a kind of strain to them.

My contact lens check was fine and it was concluded that the lenses fit perfectly and were the correct strength. So I am at a loss as what might be causing this? The optician also performed a ‘dry eyes’ check (with the orange dye) and one of my eyes was slightly dry where the eye lids meet as they close but nothing significant that the optician was worried about - he could not really pinpoint the issue. I’ve rested my eyes by wearing my glasses for a while but now that I try my lenses in again I am met with the same problem as before.

I have a strong prescription in both eyes which vary slightly between them. They are toric lenses to correct my astigmatism. I'm a graphic designer so spend a lot of time in front of screens. Wearing glasses are usually fine and don't create this issue. Especially as I notice symptoms as soon as I put my contacts in.

I did think it might be because my lenses were too strong but tests proved that they were fine, so I really don't know what to do about this now.

5. John Ryle

John Ryle New Member

or you could just look at simple anatomy. optical nerve comes from the back of the neck and swoops over the head into the eyes (i know crap design). if it is getting 'trapped' then it will cause undue pressure around the nerve causing it to feel 'pain'.

id be surprised if it is water problems.....are you thirsty? if not it isnt water.

why would magnesium help, someone may be able to enlighten me?

he has given the reason why his head hurts. he is a graphic designer. lots of computer work.

do you spend 6 hours a day at the pc? if you do this 5 days a week thats 30 hours of NO MOVING. sounds more like a nervy issue and its getting choked. a good osteo/chiro will do you wonders.

note though....a good one.

6. #1 Duck

#1 Duck New Member

So are you suggesting that lack of movement/exercising during the day would cause this? Rather than the staring at a computer itself. I appreciate they both sit hand in hand.

7. ThaiKosai

ThaiKosai New Member

Hi Duck, if you're in the UK (I wasn't sure) you might try the National Migraine Centre - my partner had a really good experience with them. They're a charity (but ask for donations to cover costs) and we found them much more helpful than our local Doc
    Best of luck

8. NathalieM

NathalieM Member

Dehydration does seem like a notable factor, and it can be easy to ignore the signals such as dizziness and nausea. As others have also mentioned, if you're spending extended periods at a computer, this could be a major contributor to your condition. It's important to ensure you take a break from extended computer work every half hour or so to move your body around and get the blood flowing again.

Something else that could help is massage therapy; whether that's professional sessions or you investing in a massager yourself. I would recommend a personal massager with therapeutic benefits, as well as a good sports massager such as this: https://massagetech.co.uk/product/mt-sport/

They can be used anywhere, and in my experience can provide suitable relief through therapy of the neck, back, and other muscles. It's importunate that you use it everyday, especially after sitting at a desk looking at a screen for 6 - 7 hours.