Healthypages

hair care advice

Discussion in 'Skin, Hair & Nails' started by strawberry blonde!, Jul 13, 2007.

1. strawberry blonde!

strawberry blonde! New Member

Can anyone recommend a good (reasonably priced)shampoo and conditioner for me.My hair is dry,damaged and porous,it gives the impression of being quite thick because it tends to look fluffy,in reality though its not thick at all.Ilike to wash my hair every day as it always seems to look dirty the day after washing which i dont understand as my hair is not greasy.I also have a sensitive scalp which is prone to dryness and occassional flaking.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. sheangel

sheangel New Member

RE: hair care advice

Hi

Is your hair damaged and dry because you colour it? Do you use heated items on it? Straighteners are the worst, unless you put a product on to protect your hair before you do it.

Try a coconut conditioner, leave it on for around 20 mins, nice and thick, wrap it in a warm towel or plastic cap.

Rinse thourougly.

They used to do a thick one in Superdrug in a round container.

You can also use and oil, but make sure you wash it all out afterwards.

Good luck

Sheangel. ;)

3. strawberry blonde!

strawberry blonde! New Member

RE: hair care advice

hi

no i dont colour my hair at all (i used to),i do use straightners as i have to,ive tried many heat protection products but none have impressed me

ive tried the coconut stuff you recommended but as my scalp is sensitive its not suitable for me,its highly perfumed and made my head itch

maybe ill just shave my hair off!!!

4. Rosi1

Rosi1 New Member

Check out this wonderful company, I get all my beauty products from them, absolutely divine, with no crap, just 100% natural just as nature intended. They also are fairtrade and organic.

If you want products that will nourish this is the place to go.

Be warned, once you start shopping with them you won't stop! :)

They deliver within 2 days also so excellent customer service.

www.akamuti.co.uk

Enjoy!

5. sheangel

sheangel New Member

Dont shave your hair, unless its for a good cause!

The site looked interesting, They could do with more shops like that in town.

How are you getting on with your hair now Strawberry, have you found anything that suits.

6. kay-pinky

kay-pinky New Member

hi

Have You Tried Using Medicated Shampoo Like Vosene my sister has psoriasas and she has sensitive skin and alot of flakes in her hair and she uses tha and it works a treat

7. marie1969

marie1969 New Member

hi

hi
    try a moisturizing shampoo.

8. Sal

Sal New Member

I really like Naked Bodycare's shampoo & conditioner. There's no sodium laurel sulphate in, which can irritate sensitive skin/scalp and strip hair (it really makes my scalp itch!!) and they are 97% natural - the 3% is the essentials such as preservative (not parabens though) and emulsifier. Plus it's not animal tested.

It makes my naturally kinky hair nice and curly, instead of fluffy and hideous, if I don't straighten it or dry it, which I don't like to do too often as it gets really dry.

They are £3.99 for a good sized bottle.

Their shower gels and body cream are gorgeous also.

9. High Spirit

High Spirit New Member

I put olive oil on mine,
    sometimes I add lavendar oil or chamomile...I put it on dry hair and I heat the oil in the microwave for a few secs first, its a very cheap and brilliant way to re condition your hair.... I leave mine on for as long as I can, if you can get heat on it great, I have a hood dryer so I sit under it for long as I can, or I sometimes leave it over night, I stick an old towel over my pillow to protect it and then wash it off in the morning, usually needs a good 2 shampoos off though.
    :)

10. apollenhealth

apollenhealth New Member

If you're suffering from hair loss there are some great essential oils that may be able to help.
    There are multiple essential oils that can help in hair regrowth due to their ability to stimulate the tiny blood vessels of the scalp. By stimulating the tiny blood vessels located on the scalp, it helps improve the blood flow which carries the nutrients so vital to the follicles. By messaging the scalp and using the correct essential oils, it helps relax the muscles of the scalp and stimulates the micro-circulatory system thereby improving the transition of vital nutrients and minerals throughout the hair.

The most common essential oils used to promote healthy hair would be Lavender, Clary sage, Juniper Berry, Atlas Cedarwood and Rosemary.
    Rosemary and Clary Sage oils are natural hair thickeners and creates greater hair volume and make ideal oils for treating hair loss.
    Its also a good idea to mix the essential oils with a carrier oil. One of the best oils for hair care would be the jojoba golden carrier oil. Jojoba oil can be used as a great healing hair conditioner and moisturiser. Due to its molecular structure, Jojoba oil has a very close resemblance to natural oil or sebum.

A great recipe to try would be mixing Lavender, Rosemary, Clary Sage and Cedarwood together with Jojoba base oil. Mix the ingredients together and generously massage upon the scalp and hair 2-3 times a week.

Hope you find this information useful! [​IMG]