Healthypages

Frozen shoulder

Discussion in 'Limb Problems' started by Tracyjg, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Tracyjg

Tracyjg New Member

hi my gp diagnosed me with frozen shoulder. I’m seeing a physio therapist and I also had a cortisone injection about 7 was ago. I recently been hearing a snapping sound it doesn’t hurt. The physio I have is pushing hard down on the shoulder joint to try break up adhesions is that noise the adhesive breaking off or is it just the joint moving.

2. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Hi Tracy and welcome to Healthypages,

To be honest, you would be best asking the physio as they are the one currently treating you. They should be able to advise you of any concerns you have regarding their treatement.

:)

3. Tracyjg

Tracyjg New Member

Hi thanks for reply I was just wondering if anyone else out there who had or has the same problem had this feeling .The physio isn’t sure it could be a number of things because the arm can’t move properly anyway thanks

4. Jabba The Hut

Jabba The Hut Well-Known Member

Can't work out the time line from your original post - was the steroid jab 7 years/weeks or days ago? If it's been weeks, and intensive physio work hasn't mobilised the joint, it may be worth being referred to an orthopaedic consultant for more investigation.

5. Tracyjg

Tracyjg New Member

Hi it was bout 6 weeks ago I had steroid injection at the moment I am doing homework where someone uses there had on the shoulder joint to stretch the adhesive and using a towel around the arm to gently pull it. Because arm is still sensitive he doesn’t want to push into exercises as he feels it’s too early so I’m only allowed stretching at this stage I had X-ray on shoulder but didn’t find anything wrong so it’s definitely frozen shoulder .