Healthypages

Do cardio for only ten minutes a day

Discussion in 'General Exercise' started by Learning, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Learning

Learning New Member

I'm excited to learn about this program which has science behind it. It seems to go against the grain of most fitness advice. If you sign up for the daily emails, you can access many free scientific articles. A friend of mine had rather dramatic results and I've just started adapting this method to my own workouts, as I hate cardio and always have.

http://www.alsearsmd.com/

2. Amanda80

Amanda80 New Member

10 Minutes of Cardio

10 minutes of exercise a day could well be enough depending upon what your goals are and what exactly you do during the time that you train. Significant benefits have been documented from 10 minutes of H.I.I.T (high intensity interval training) and significant scientific improvements have been noted from just 4 minutes of Tabata HIIT Training! The effect of post-workout calorie burning is increased with such training methods due to the increased energy required for recovery. As I always say, it is not about how much time you spend exercising but the quality and intensity of the workout itself.

2 people like this.
  3. MemoPT

MemoPT New Member

Hi, it depends on the intensity, I think to get a real benefit from just 10 minutes you really need to push hard.
    I used to sometimes train cardio in the morning, I would go to the basketball court near my house and do 10 laps (1 lap=2 lengths) of the court and each one would be a sprint. I would rest a minute then go again, going all out, I would be done in less than 5 minutes, and really got a good benefit out of doing that, very exhausting.

4. Tashanie

Tashanie Well-Known Member

Diet and other lifestyle choices like smoking and drinking are a much bigger in factor in cancers than lack of exercise.

ANY exercise is good for improving general health - which in turn will reduce the risk of cancer.

5. darrensurrey

darrensurrey Well-Known Member

The issue with HIIT is that many people do it and then say they can go for another 30 minutes. My response: you're not working hard enough, then!

6. MMelly

MMelly New Member

I usually do my cardio workout for about 30 minutes. Cycling and running is my favorite exercise. I used to run every morning with my DH and I love how it works on my body. It improves my life and health and also we're enjoying this together and it's a great bonding for us.