Healthypages

dangers of colon hydrotherapy

Discussion in 'Colonic Hydrotherapy' started by fgig, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ace88

ace88 New Member

I've had colonic hydrotherapy probably 25 times. The only bad response I ever got was not immediately, but sometimes that night, I would get a little cramping in my stomach, and have to lay down. So I never schedule anything about 12 hours after a colonic. But within a day, it was a gone and I was fine. The hydrotherapist explained why this was but I don't remember it. I have fibromyalgia and digestive problems and colonics do seem to help, at least for awhile...

2. biltsy

biltsy New Member

hi
    i just had 3 colonic's in 3 days natural gravity method. with pain and discomfort in between as i was advised i would, i found them very beneficial and has helped with my conditions. after the last one i went home and experienced a very painful swollen stomach which lasted till the next day which again i was told may happen. as i suffer from various conditions i choose an holistic long weekend with various treatment to help me, and came away feeling lighter refreshed and ready for a new chapter in my life, with new diet and approach to the way i live. i can not thank them enough for the whole person approach they gave me.

3. bielster

bielster New Member

I also had a lot of pain after a colonic...but i reckon it was compacted faeces moving into the void created by the flushing out....very painful..i had stomach cramps,back ache and felt quite unwell. The next day i felt great and 4 days later had my first evacuation...back on track so far.

4. Herbal-D

Herbal-D New Member

As someone who has experienced highly beneficial colonic hydrotherapy (gravity fed, very well trained therapist) I would point out that most people go to a hydrotherapist because they have issues linked to their digestion and bowels.

Gravity fed water will not cause damage in itself but the cleansing provided could reveal other issues or release pent up toxins. I was told it is quite common to feel a little queasy afterwards. Things are moved that may have been around for a long time and problems can be revealed that may have been hidden. I suspect that the perforated bowel stories are situations where the hydrotherapy revealed the problem rather than caused it.

5. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

Hi,I had a colonic two days ago,the hose came out twice the girl said that some times happens,Why?My bowls never worked untill today,and the colour of the stool was clay coloured,has this happened to anyone else.

6. Jabba The Hut

Jabba The Hut Well-Known Member

Have you ever had a colonic before? Do you normally have bowel movements daily or less often? Were you advised to follow a detox diet for 48 hours prior to the procedure?

7. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

Hi,Have had two colonics before the last one two years ago,bowel movements were ok,went because I had being feeling a little bolted and low,thought it might put me back on track.The girl said the hose sometimes comes out,had to get of the bed,sat on the loo for ten minutes,then it happened agian.The worry was the colour of the stools two days later,Clay is not a good colour,today is tan.

8. Tashanie

Tashanie Well-Known Member

Perforated bowel is very dangerous - and it is a real risk with this type of therapy.

3 people like this.