Healthypages

Chiropractor Experience

Discussion in 'Chiropractic' started by Sacred Soul, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Sacred Soul

Sacred Soul New Member

Hi, I've just joined this forum and noticed the chiropractor section so thought I'd share an experience about this treatment.

The main one was my Dad who nearly ended up in a wheelchair his back was so bad, there were pictures of him literally bent to the side at like a 10am angle and that was the straightest he could get and he was in immense pain all the time.

After a year or two of chiropractic treatment every week he could finally stand up straight (more or less) and the pain was much less.

For my own experience I picked up a shoulder injury at the gym and the doctor told me to just rest it but it was getting worse so ended up going to a chiropractor who told me it had come out its socket and if I would have left it any longer I would have had a frozen shoulder - he cracked it back in place and gave me some exercises to do and it was fine in a few months.

What I'm trying to say is this treatment can be outstanding for certain ailments so worth a try.

Sam

3 people like this.
  2. CarolineN

CarolineN New Member

Hi Sam - Welcome to HealthyPages!

Yup, I agree that the chirpractor is much more able to sort out any skeletal problems than the Dr. My hubby who plays a lot of sport needs sorting out regularly (he's not too careful with himself at times!!). It's always his first port of call for skeletal problems.

3. Sports

Sports New Member

Agree I work alongside a Chiropractor and Osteopath and they are excellent. We work well together as sports massage can help maintain their treatment.

4. Treetop

Treetop New Member

My chiro recommended I install a pull up bar in a doorway and when my back felt twingey to just hang. I often feel a little 'pop' as my back stretches out. I've started lifting my knees while hanging and that has increased my ab strength and your abs support your back.