Healthypages

BSY: are they any good?

Discussion in 'Student / Training' started by mindy, Sep 15, 2004.

1. top2toe

top2toe New Member

RE: BSY: are they any good?

I am thinking of taking up BSY on their 2 for 1 offer.............. I fancy doing the Nutrition course.......... but there are 3 nutrition courses............ Nutrition, Nutritional Therapy, and Holistic Nutritional Therapy................... as a therapist already just wanting to add another string to my bow..... can anyone comment on the difference between these 3 courses... and help me to choose between the three.

did any of you take on the Nutrition course???

I am also interested in the Accupressure course

2. sportstherapy

sportstherapy New Member

i have posted previously on my opinion of these type of courses, having looked at lots of them as part of my job.

I have looked at the BSY nutrition course, and frankly, if you read the book 'The Food Bible' or most other nutrition books, they have more useful information in them, at at a fraction of the cost.

3. Angelic Light

Angelic Light New Member

Thankyou Magno!!

4. biggazfromlincoln

biggazfromlincoln New Member

BSY always seem to have 2 for 1 offer, they email or post me details on regular basis, and I have never contacted them as I dont agree with the home study only aspect of their courses, I do have a friend who was so fed up with the lack of support from their staff so she applied for a refund on unstarted courses and is still waiting.
    best of regards whatever you decide, I prefer to research my courses fully speak with training directors to see if the course will fully meet my needs, as sportstherapy said previously if you want the information why not just read a good book on the subject, if you want to practice as a therapist please do a course that is recognised by at least 3 or 4 insurance providers.
    Gary

5. top2toe

top2toe New Member

thanks for your advice guys:)

blessings, Marcie

6. juels000

juels000 New Member

I know this is an old post but I wanted to add my review as this is one of the first places that comes up on google search and I want people to know about BSY group
    After spending out over £1000 in courses gaining qualifications while on benefits while I was ill with agoraphobia and ptsd and having just signed up for another course I have just found out from one of the top universities in the uk that there are no academic value to any of these courses at bsy, universities, colleges and many work places and insurance companies do not acknowledge these as qualifications.
    I am so upset as I wasted so much of my money thinking that they would help me improve my life for college and university etc but sadly they are just expensive pieces of paper.
    I still have 8 months left to pay off my installments but there is no point in doing the course as they have no value in the real world
    Sadly bsy are another of these homelearning courses where it’s all about the money and it’s a shame as I thought they were different from a lot of the rip off ones.
    If you want to do an online course find one that has an academic value and that can be useful for the future don’t waste money on a piece of paper

7. darrensurrey

darrensurrey Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you've spent so much money on BSY.

Just to confirm, I've struggled to get insurance for any online course (I don't just mean BSY) - I guess it's because they can't guarantee the quality of learning even if the tuition is good. My insurance company has said that they do not cover any online courses.

HOWEVER, from a knowledge perspective, if you know the quality of the tuition is good then it is worthwhile learning. It can also help you to decide if you really want to pursue the relevant career or take up further study. If you compare such online courses to reading a book, they are far more engaging than any book on the topic you want to learn about.

So, I would continue with the courses that you've paid for to accumulate the knowledge and understanding.

Personally, despite this, I've already signed up to some courses on Udemy.