Healthypages

Apple cider vinegar

Discussion in 'Arthritis' started by Deb379, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Deb379

Deb379 New Member

Hi there

Anyone tried apple cider vinegar - needs to be whole apples and unpasturised - to help various ailments including arthritis.

I've been reading Margaret Hills srn book about it and just started taking some yesterday - hoping it will sort my aches and pains out.

DebO

2. ReflexologyGal

ReflexologyGal New Member

My friends has been suffering from back pain for long time but since she started apple cider vinegar ( she makes a warm tea with 2 tea spoon of vinegar and 1 tea spoon of honey ) her pain has been reduced a lot. She said it really helped reduce her pain and also lose weight !! Try every day for at least one month to see the effect.

3. Binah

Binah Moderator

Yes I have tried it - its a well known naturopathic self help remedy for arthritis. I recommend it to my clients as it is helpful and IMO reduces acidity levels.

Binah
    x

4. kcatdeejay

kcatdeejay Member

Hi Binah!
    What has been your experience with MSM ? I take it religiously every day for a variety of reasons and have recommended it to others.

kcat

5. Life Designs

Life Designs New Member

Apple Cider Vinegar is fantastic! A true natural wonder.

S

6. popeye

popeye New Member

Apple & Boron

I have just started taking Apple CV along with Tumeric and Boron - supposed to work wonders !

7. Tashanie

Tashanie Well-Known Member

My parents used cider vinegar way back in the 60's

8. gulfcoastms

gulfcoastms New Member

I was surprised to see this tread was about ingesting the vinegar. :)

I bath in it. But distilled. It soothes your pains, kills any fungi (dandruff, athletes foot, between the legs) and makes my skin really soft. It's a great anti fungal, anti bacterial cleaner. The best maids use a distilled vinegar solution for the final rinse on floors and surfaces.

I have heard of ingesting the regular apple cider vinegar for systemic candida. Systemic candida (yeast) can cause all kinds of pain.

Sometimes if you find a cure for your ailments it sheds new light on what the ailment actually was.

PS...I use it (distilled) a toner on my face if I get a break out (blemishes).

#8 gulfcoastms, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  9. Startingtoheal

Startingtoheal New Member

I usually take apple cider vinegar with honey only when I get sick. Did not know it helped with arthritis as I have arthritis mainly in my hands. Will have to take some!

10. NathalieM

NathalieM Member

This is a good idea, I may have to suggest it to my Mother! Although, I can't imagine it smells nice,... How is it best taken, can it be digested or should it be externally applied (like gulfcoastms has), or both?

I only thought it was good for your hair!

Nat x

11. Colonwhisperer

Colonwhisperer New Member

I find it helpful and useful as a systemic catalyst; it accelerates the bodys " rest & restore" responses in my view. Helpful in some cases of fungal infestation of the gut.
    Julia

12. omega1

omega1 Well-Known Member

I have arthritis and get pain in my elbow and shoulder joints and my spine. I have tried taking unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar in food and as a drink. It works best for me as a drink, I have a tablespoon of it mixed with water, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, dash of black pepper and a teaspoon of turmeric. This has really helped with my joint pains. This worked for me really quickly, in just a few days I felt the difference.

13. J-Nevil

J-Nevil New Member

Taken stridently and regularly, I've heard it works very well to lessen joint pain and arthritis. My grandma use to have cider vinegar for her hands and fingers.

14. CrystalSeer

CrystalSeer New Member

Tried it - Hated the taste and gave it up.... my opinion of course,
    personally it did nothing for me and my arthritis, if anything, it gave me very bad acid stomach, I also had to check with my doctor beforehand due to medication I was on.
    Anyways if you can tolerate the taste without up chucking - you are half way there..

15. BigBert

BigBert New Member

Interesting !!
    I have tried taking a couple of dessertspoons full,a day with a teaspoon of honey melted with a bit of boiling water !
    Its ok like that .
    I was talking to a farmer in the market the other week about pain in fingers and toes and he asked if I had tried cyder vinegar.
    He told how he had poured himself a tumbler full ,'It took some getting down !!' he said :eek:but it did the trick.
    Oh how I larfed !!