Healthypages

Angelic Reiki - How is it different?

Discussion in 'Reiki & Energy Healing' started by calmer, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Hails~Angel

Hails~Angel New Member

RE: Angelic Reiki - How is it different?

What I am trying to get across here is that I am not looking at things from a scientific angle.
    I guess what I am saying is that I don't need my beliefs proven by scientists. My beliefs are built on being true to myself, and my beliefs are personal. Although I prob haven't put it across that well.
    Angelic reiki def works for me. Surely it's the intention that counts, regardless of your belief. It isn't for eveyone, and I accept that we are all different. It's about finding your own path.

Blessings

Hails xxx

2. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

I have to agree somewhat with Healistic and omega1.

Reading some of the posts above we have comments stating that people believe Angelic Reiki to be "more powerful" and that those who don't do Angelic Reiki are doing "standard Reiki". This seems, to me, to smack of some level of ego (and that's not directed at anyone personally). Whilst we all experience reiki in different ways and some forms of reikiresonate with some individuals more than others, there is no way that anyone can measurably state that their form of reiki is "more powerful" than another. Saying that others are doing "standard Reiki" is very down-putting of those other people and just not very polite IMHO.

Whilst people are perfectly entitled to believe in whatever they want, whether that is Angels, God etc. etc. they should also bear in mind that, at least here in the UK, getting Reiki accepted in the public eye and in the professional sectors is an ongoing task that requires some diplomacy so that it doesn't just look like we're all off our rockers. Angela Buxton-King has made great headway in getting Reiki into the NHS, so that people really can benefit from Reiki where it's needed, however if she'd gone along and started harping on about Reiki coming from God, or being channels by Angels or spirits etc. then she would have been shown the door very swiftly.

By all means, believe in your own beliefs, after allwe all do, and don't be disparaging of others beliefs but, and I think that this is the point omega1 was trying to make,bear in mind the way that you are expressing those beliefs in the public eye, sometimes as if they are proven fact,and how it could possibly limit the ability for Reiki of all sorts to be shared with those who need it i.e. those in the professional establishments such as hospitals.

Enjoy your Reiki, whatever form it takes. ;)

Love and Reiki Hugs

3. Hails~Angel

Hails~Angel New Member

Nicely put Somerset angel. I agree whole heartedly with this statement.

Blessings

Hails xxx

4. Healistic

Healistic New Member

[sm=offtopic.gif]I have to ask the questions becausethey beg to be asked.

Why did you find standard reiki so limiting?

And what do you mean by standard?

Edit: to add author of quote, for clarity.

5. Hails~Angel

Hails~Angel New Member

Hi Healistic. I was always tought that reiki had to be conducted in a certain form, and that there was no room for intuition, or individuality. I am begining to think however that my practioner was not the best, and that I was indeed just given some form of healing.

I find this a really interesting concept healistic. Perhaps it is the state of mind that has the power rather than the energys having any difference. After all, we must be tapping into simmilar, or the same energies. It all comes from the universe.
    On preparing myself for healing I open up as a channel, as do we all. I then put myself into a medatative state. So I guess it is trance like.

I appologise Energylz if I have offended you or anyone else. I didn't mean to put you or anyone else down, or indeed your beliefs. I was just stating that I felt a different energy when being attuned to angelic reiki. Perhaps it's because I was more receptive this time. [sm=grouphug.gif]

Apologies to Calmer. I have gone [sm=offtopic.gif]

As long as what we do or believe is for the highest good, and to achieve the best healing possible for the client, then beliefs shouldn't matter.

Blessings and reiki hugs to all. [sm=hug.gif]

Hails xxx

6. Energylz

Energylz Moody-rator ©
    Staff Member

Hmmm, doesn't sound like the best teaching in the world IMHO. Reiki is a path of self development so, of course, intuition and individuality come into it. Anyone who teaches that Reiki must be done like this and no other way, is likely to be demanding control for their own ego.

No need to apologise, I'm not easily offended. I was merely highlighting that we need to be careful how we convey our beliefs in the written word on a forum as it can be easily interpreted differently from the initial intention.

Love and Reiki Hugs

7. omega1

omega1 Well-Known Member

as i am soon to be banned, can i pose a question?

As a Reiki teacher I come across students from other teachers. some of these students have been taught improper practices, the main one i find most disturbing is when female students are taught that they need to take their tops and bras off to receive attunements.
    As a responsible Reiki teacher i tell them this is incorrect. In these instances, i am not respecting the views or opinions of their Reiki teachers.
    Where do you all stand on this issue of respecting others opinions? would you respect these opinions as 'their truth' or would you tell the students they are wrong?
    Where do you draw the line between respecting other's opinions and letting someone know when something is false or untrue?

if people cannot accept any questioning of their opinions, how strongly can they believe in the things they say?
    i am happy to be questioned, as i think that is a good way to learn. pity this forum does not allow that.

8. Healistic

Healistic New Member

The answer to that one is Yes of course you would tell the student that they were wrong. We all know we should if we admitt it without burying our heads in the sand.

So am I. We learn all our life, as I have said before on HP "Show me someone who says they know it all and I will show you a liar" HP forum should allow this, with of course the proviso that we do not use bad language or carry out personal attacks. For gods sake if anyone thinks that what is on HP is bad then I suggest they consider the real persecutions that have been with us in previous times and are still with us. After all omega you haven't burned anyone on a stake yet. Or have You?

Banned. I Hardly think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Reikilight

Reikilight New Member

Hi there,

I have to say that this system does sound just like Usui Reiki to me. With Usui Reiki you can heal through time, you too receive healing as you channel it to others, you can call on whom ever you wish (although I do not at this point) to assist the treatment.

Usui Reiki is as strong as you want it or need it to be and I dont believe one system is any stronger than another as I believe that all healing comes from the same place, whatever the system.

I do however believe that you are drawn to what it is that you need at any given time and as you have hinted to your character through other posts,Serendipity I believe that th

10. Reikilight

Reikilight New Member

I have to just add that not every one is signed up to codes and ethics of others, some will have their own codes and ethics and those may or may not include the medical profession.

There is no written law that healershave a responsibility toensure healing is accepted by mainstream medicine. Some healers will be happy just to heal those who come to them and if thats thecase then who is to argue? One 'mans' journey doesnt have to be anothers.

with blessings, Reikilight

11. Healistic

Healistic New Member

Well said
    Reikilight

This life is yours
    Take the power
    To choose what you want to do
    And do it well
    Take the power
    To love what you want in life
    And love it honestly
    Take the power
    To walk in the forest
    And be a part of nature
    Take the power
    To control your own life
    No one else can do it for you
    Take the power
    To make your life happy

from ''Always Follow Your Dreams''
    by Susan Polis Schutz

12. Healistic

Healistic New Member

Surely anyone who has been trained and belongs to an association will have had to accept that organisations Codes and ethics? Or the codes and ethics of the UK Reiki Regulatory Working Group

13. Reikilight

Reikilight New Member

I think that it is a bit obvious where the line lies in the above example and that students being asked to remove clothing is a bit beyond different teaching styles!

I think that we believe what we believe but to say that our truth is the only truth without 100% proof either way is a bit naive, it is simply our truth. I have posted on a few threads and sometimes my opinion differs but I normally put that it is just my opinion or belief as thats all I can say really, I dont have 100% proof (sadly)!

When I teach I teach my truth but I do bring up the subjects of others truths and I point my students to different places (such as HP) that they can go to search for their truths.

I think the questioning of peoples opinoins is not really the issue being raised but more the way it is done. Questioning is different from putting down things that you havent experienced yourself, the forum does allow questioning.

with blessings, as ever, Reikilight

14. Reikilight

Reikilight New Member

Hi and lovely poem by the way!

Nope not as far as I am aware, joining organisations is choice always. Being trained does not mean you have to join anything, in fact whilst insurance is very wise you dont even have to take that up if you choose not too. Its all personal choice at this point in time. I choose to belong to an association and abide by codes and ethics, I choose to be insured, I choose to be a first aid trained practitioner and I choose to have a basic knowledge of A&P but others may not, no law to say if you do or you dont though its your own decision.

with blessings, Reikilight x

15. Healistic

Healistic New Member

Yes of course you are right, I too choose the same as you. I also advise all my students to take the same path.

The reason that I do this is because whilst there may not be legislation forced on us, if there ever was, then I feel that I would be remiss if I did not make them aware of that. That's what I mean. I just thought most felt the same.

Woops[sm=offtopic.gif]sorry

16. Holistic

Holistic New Member

The last time I looked, which was a while ago, both the Reiki Association and the UKRF Codes of Conduct are on their websites. These should perhaps be checked to see their precise wording (if any) specifically relating to the medical profession. I will do this later, time permitting. Otherwise I feel we mightrun the risk of speculating as to just what is laid down by these 'bodies'.

Holistic

17. Healistic

Healistic New Member

Try
    [link=http://www.reikifed.co.uk/pub/lib/2005/newsl/reikifed-RDPbulletin02.pdf]www.reikifed.co.uk/pub/lib/2005/newsl/reikifed-RDPbulletin02.pdf[/link]

I think that gives the answer?

18. Holistic

Holistic New Member

All excellent posts, Reikilight, thank you ... though I can hardly keep up with you! :D

On this particular point ... yes, you're absolutely right. HealthyPages welcomes questioning and discussion, but IMHO there is much truth in "It's not what you say but the way that you say it".

For the record, no 'bannings' are about to happen in the context of this thread, but sometimes the moderators do have to remind members to tread a little carefully on the opinions and beliefs of others. That is all.

Speaking purely personally, when I have experienced Angelic Reiki for myself, then I consider I would be better placed to draw comparisons. Until then, I have to restrict my comments to theory alone ;)

Holistic

19. calmer

calmer New Member

Thanks for all the replies so far.

As many people on here have said, much of what has been mooted so far, as being differentabout Angelic Reiki, is in fact exactly the same as my experience of Usui Reiki.

I already feel that I am able to be totally intuitive with my healing work and I also feel that I can call upon 'any of my folks' to help me in whatever way the situation calls for.

I was taught that Reiki heals the healer at the same time as the healee.

I was taught that I can use the Reiki tools, such as symbols, in whatever way I feel is right and that also it doesn't matter if I draw them (I muck the Distant Healing symbol up most of the time:D)or say them incorrectly, the intent is sufficient. The same goes for hand positions - I just use my intuition and sometimes I may only stay in one place, if that's what I feel is right.

Sometimes, particularly when I'm using Reiki for first-aid, ie when a child has fallen and hurt their knee, I don't bother with symbols or any other 'grounding' ceremony I just lay my hands on or over the injury and I may quickly say to myself 'Reiki on'and I trust completely that the right amount of healing will flow with the intent.

I do like to use the symbols though, as I see them as part of my Reiki toolkit, I like to Reiki my room and myselfbefore a treatment or giving a lecture, but I don't mind if I've not had time to do it or if there have been other people about who may wonder what I'm doing, I don't worry, I just trust. I often use scanning techniques to send Reiki symbols to people or situations.

I was taught that Reiki can be sent to the past, present and future.

I believe I was taught well and I never felt that any restrictions were placed upon me.

I can totally understand this statement, Energylz. As I said in my initial post, I'm also a Spiritualist, but I don't disclose this automatically to a client, unless I'm surethat they will not make a run for the nearest exit at the mention of Spirit guides/God/Ministry of Angels etc. I usually explain the definition of Rei Ki and a little bit about how Usui founded the system and that is usually suffice.

A Christian surgeon may well say a prayer before conducting surgery, in the same waythat I ask for help from Spirit whilst I'm doing Reiki or any other therapy or indeed my daily life.

AReiki Master/ friend of mine is not at all spiritual and is very sceptical of Mediumship and the like, so as you can imagine, we have some very lively debates!:D

On that note, we should all remember that debate and difference in opinionis good, it for

20. angelmagik

angelmagik New Member

Hi There, im new by the way:)so hello to you all!

After reading this post I feel quite drawn to angelic reiki, it might be just whatIm looking for infact. I have already been attunedon thereiki first degree, this was last year but I havent felt the need to take the 2nd degree upuntill now. To be honest I havent heard of angelic reiki before I read this.
    I live in Essex and wondered if you or anyone knows where I can takea course near me?

Many thanks
    angelmagik x