Healthypages

acne and is this a coincidence?

Discussion in 'Skin, Hair & Nails' started by maychang, Jul 30, 2011.

1. maychang

maychang New Member

I have hormonal acne around my chin, I've had a prescription of a cream called DUAC which is supposed to be used daily but I only use it when the acne is bad.

Anyhow,

FIRSTLY:
    a colleague recommended using a Progesterone Cream as she said it would help with my hormonal fluctuations, you apply this 14 days a month twice a day on your body. I've been using this now for nearly 3 months.

SECONDLY:
    I've been eating more of a low carb diet this past month, I've cut down on bread, cereal, potatoes, rice and pasta greatly.

My skin has been looking a lot better, not much acne activity, less blotchy skin, not so reactive.

Do you think its the progesterone cream or the low carb diet or both?

3 people like this.
  2. Azeenim

Azeenim New Member

acne and is this a coinsidence

Hi there,
    Its definately the progesterone cream, it happened top me!!
    Now I use herbal hormone balancers like red clover and agnus castus and have no acne problems.

3 people like this.
  3. Tashanie

Tashanie Well-Known Member

&nbsp
    The only way to tell is to see what happens if the stop the diet part.....but keep on using the cream - give it a couple of weeks. If your acne doesn't return you could then try the diet side without the cream for another couple of weeks and see what happens.

6 people like this.
  4. wanda

wanda New Member

Haven't tried progesterone cream but I've tried ikure skincare cream for my skin infection and i guess it works well. I even wonder where to get such product because it was only given to me by my aunt.

5. BJOliver

BJOliver New Member

Well I think the result is due to both your efforts. As what we consume, directly effects our skin. Thus having a proper diet like eating green leafy vegetables, fruits and lots of water helps a lot to make your skin healthy.

6. sarah2428

sarah2428 New Member

If I had to pick one I'd say the progesterone cream. It has helped my acne immensely. Curious, what brand do you use?

3 people like this.
  7. NathalieM

NathalieM Member

I've used Progesterone before, and it can be very helpful for clearing skin. Although diet is definitely a contributing factor, I don't think carbs will contribute much to the loss, you'll mainly want to cut out greasy foods or general bad diet junk.

8. Crowan

Crowan Well-Known Member

The carbs referred to above are starchy carbs, of which most of us eat too many. They are often component parts of overly processed foods, also.
    There's no evidence that 'greasy' foods (by which I assume you mean those with fat in them) contribute to acne. We need fat in our diet - probably more than we are led to believe.

9. juliettesunrise1

juliettesunrise1 New Member

I find cosmetics with natural collagen extremely helpful for the problems with acne. My friend, who used to have very problematic skin helped herself applying such cosmetics regularly.