Breath therapy – also known as breathwork – is the practice of mastering the way you breathe. Of course, this might sound like a strange concept since breathing is one of the most natural things in the world. The fact is, however, that poor breathing techniques can actually lead to stress, ill-health and a general lack of wellness. With this in mind, let’s look at some of the ways breath therapy can help you get through the working day.
You might well feel positively tired when your alarm first goes off in the morning. Instead of heading for the coffee though, deep breathing is a more practical and healthy way to wake yourself up. The more oxygen you inhale can slow your heart rate and improve circulation – two things which will then give you an increased amount of energy.
There’s simply no time to take your eye off the ball when you’ve got a job to do. Don’t worry, you needn’t let waning levels of concentration stand in your way. After all, breathwork – including exercises that can be done at your desk – can greatly boost your hemispheric cognitive performance and make you feel more alert.
There’ll always be times when things start to get on top of you at work. Rather than succumb to stress though, you can take steps to handle the pressure better by mastering the right breathing exercises. Essentially, you’ll be able to calm yourself down and relax as the oxygen activates your body’s parasympathetic nervous system.
You’re sure to struggle with your job if you’re under the weather. Of course, you’ll be taking steps to keep illnesses at bay if you’re well versed in breath therapy. There’s a wide range of long-term health benefits linked from doing the correct breathing exercises, including low blood pressure and an elevated digestive system.
Give it a go!
The benefits of breath therapy are yours to enjoy – whether you want to put them to use in personal or professional situations. If you’re interested in mastering the skill, be sure to check out the experts who can help in our directory.
- What you need to know about eating before bed - March 13, 2020
- Breath therapy is your trick to making it through the working day - March 13, 2020
- Osteopathy: What you need to know about osteopathic manipulation treatment - March 13, 2020
- Top 3 benefits of acupuncture - March 6, 2020
- 4 benefits of hot stone massage therapy - March 6, 2020
- Three reasons why drinking tea is good for you - March 6, 2020
- Heading on a long-haul flight? You’ll need a massage afterwards - January 31, 2020
- Three reasons for brides to get a spray tan before getting married - January 31, 2020
- Three things that can happen when you have excess earwax - January 2, 2020
- Three ways a medium can help you get back to normality when you’re in mourning - November 26, 2019