Massage has long been established as a therapeutic therapy for any aches and pains that you may suffer from. Hot stone therapy is a form of massage that can help to relieve persistent pain and muscle stress. It can also help if you have any damage to the soft tissue. This is achieved when flat and smooth hot stones are placed on to the skin. Stones can be placed along the stomach, face, chest, palms and spine. There are many benefits to this therapy, four of which will be discussed below.
Used to alleviate muscle pain
Heat has always been used to help relieve aching joints and muscles, and hot stones provide just the right amount of heat. Not only does this promote blood flow to affected areas to reduce any tension, but heat can also be used to reduce any stiffness in the joints and improve movement and flexibility. Sometimes, alternating cold and hot stones are used to treat inflammation.
You’ll have a better night’s sleep
If you suffer from insomnia then you should try hot stone therapy. The number of sessions you will need and the length of the session will be discussed with you, as everyone is different. But, research has shown that the calming effects of massage can help you to settle down to sleep more quickly, enjoy a deeper sleep and feel more alert on waking.
Lower those stress levels
A hot stone massage feels nice, on both the skin and your mind. While having this type of massage therapy you can only concentrate on the sensation of heat on your skin. This provides much needed time out from your busy day, allowing you to de-stress and simply unwind. Hot stone therapy also has huge benefits for your cardiovascular health, which in turn can make you feel more relaxed.
Boost your natural immunity
Finally, studies have found that a hot stone massage can improve the body’s immune system. This was found in blood samples that showed a decreased level of the hormone, arginine-vasopressin, which helps to regulate the body’s blood pressure.
If you would like to try hot stone massage therapy for yourself, then please do browse the health directory pages today.
- What you need to know about eating before bed - March 13, 2020
- Breath therapy is your trick to making it through the working day - March 13, 2020
- Osteopathy: What you need to know about osteopathic manipulation treatment - March 13, 2020
- Top 3 benefits of acupuncture - March 6, 2020
- 4 benefits of hot stone massage therapy - March 6, 2020
- Three reasons why drinking tea is good for you - March 6, 2020
- Heading on a long-haul flight? You’ll need a massage afterwards - January 31, 2020
- Three reasons for brides to get a spray tan before getting married - January 31, 2020
- Three things that can happen when you have excess earwax - January 2, 2020
- Three ways a medium can help you get back to normality when you’re in mourning - November 26, 2019