It’s getting to that time of year when people start to make a big effort to get fit and stay healthy. Some, of course, might be able to do this alone – but many will need a helping hand. This is where personal trainers come in. These professionals are skilled in motivating their clients in the direction of smashing their fitness-related goals. It should be noted that there are several misconceptions when it comes to personal trainers, many of which might have you questioning whether you should enlist the services of such an individual. Let’s look at three common misconceptions that may have clouded your judgement on personal trainers and the sessions they provide.
MYTH 1: You’ll have to grin and bear it
Yes, you’ll be pushed to your physical limits – but it will be a real roller coaster of emotions! The best personal trainers will keep the sessions light-hearted and full of energy while still setting you on the road to smash your targets. Contrary to popular belief, the sessions won’t just be someone barking orders at you but will actually be rather fun and enjoyable.
MYTH 2: You’re just another face in the crowd
No, you won’t just be thought of as just another person from within a revolving door of clients. Instead, personal trainers will make great efforts to get to know you, your strengths and your weaknesses. You’ll feel like you’re getting a bespoke experience tailored to your needs, rather than one that’s impersonal.
MYTH 3: You’ll be tied into a long contract
It’s true that many people choose to regularly see a personal trainer after their first session. However, there are also a lot of people who use them for a short period of time while they work towards a certain goal. Your personal trainer will accompany you on your journey and then – if you want – you can enlist them to assist on another journey. Essentially, you don’t have to be locked into a never-ending stream of sessions.
Curious what a personal trainer could do for you?
We’ve got a whole host of skilled personal trainers in our directory. Now you know the truth about how they work it might very well be time to enlist the services of a personal trainer and start working towards smashing your fitness goals.
- Three things you should do to prepare for getting a massage - July 15, 2019
- Reflexology during pregnancy – why you should go for it! - July 15, 2019
- 3 myths about using a personal trainer exposed - June 3, 2019
- How holistic therapy can help with chronic pain - June 3, 2019
- A nutritionist can help you gain weight the right way - May 14, 2019
- What are Australian Bush Flower Remedies and how can they help me? - May 13, 2019
- Cranial osteopathy in the treatment of anxiety and depression - April 11, 2019
- Three reasons to turn to a mobile massage service - March 26, 2019
- Meditation – a few of the benefits - March 26, 2019
- 3 Benefits of Yoga - March 4, 2019