Noesitherapy

Discussion in 'Student / Training' started by BazzyBoy, Sep 9, 2005.

1. BazzyBoy

BazzyBoy
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Hi all, recently joined so bare with me :)

I have purchased a correspondence course in noesitherapy. If you are not aware of this treatment, in a nut shell it means 'healing by thinking' and is a form of self induced psychological anaesthesia, without the need for drugs or hypnosis. I was intrigued when I found this course and amazed when I bought and received it. It is such a simple procedure yet can gain incredible results. I have pored over the course again and again, everything is explained well and it all makes logical sense, I sincerely find myself believing it can work (ultimately, faith in something can make a very powerful tool, which intrigued me about this course in the first place) But I have recently found a few postings on different forums on the net both giving very good 'for' and 'against' arguements. I am concerened that a little self doubt has crept in.

Does anyone know anything of Noesitherapy? Maybe you have taken the course yourself or have received a treatment from a qualified noesitherapist? Before I pour my heart and soul into this, I would just like to find a few more facts from real people.

I hope I have made sense, if you need me to clarify, please ask and I will be happy to re-phrase anything.

On a more positive note....my father suffers with chronic pain and will benefit from this immensely, I will keep you informed of any progress

Baz xx

2. Gussie

Gussie
    Expand Collapse

RE: Noesitherapy

I've never heard of this therapy at all.. it sounds fascinating, you'll have to let us all know yur findings during the course.. I could certainly have done with something like that yesterday.. but EFT did the trick, till I couldn't move to tap anymore hehe!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. BazzyBoy

BazzyBoy
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Hiya Gussie

Just thought I'd give a more in-depth description on Noesitherapy....

A series was shown on TV in 91 called 'Your life in their hands' all about complementary treatments. One was about a spanish surgeon called Angel Escudero. He had perfected a technique which induced instant psychological anaesthesia in his patients, he was able to perform painless child labour, operations in which the patient was fully conscious without being given drugs or hypnosis and even helped cure people of depression, asthma, psoriasis etc.

It works because of something called the Vagal system, which is pretty much the opposite of the Fight or flight system. The vagal system is active when our mouths have liquid saliva in them, we are relaxed, happy and positive. When we are in this state, the subconscious part of the brain does exactly what what the conscious part tells it to. The subconscious brain is obviously responsible for keeping the everyday job of the body ticking over, heart beating, lungs breathing etc.

Now pain travels at something like 120 metres per second. The vagal response mechanism travels at 300 metres per second, so the pain response is too slow to induce receptors to function. As a Noesitherapist, you literally need to have the belief and desire to help a genuinely needy patient. After making sure the patient is calm, relaxed and has liquid saliva in their mouth, the patient is asked to repeat a few sentences and then test to see if the pain has indeed gone.

The scope for the amount of illnesses and injuries this is possible to help the patient to heal themself with is endless, as we all know the power of the mind is boundless. Obviously there is more to this than this quick explanation, but it truly is fascinating and the possibilities are exciting, but its still thought as hokum by lots people. But the proof will be in the pudding I guess, just need to find a few volounteers who do suffer with chronic pain, willing to literally give anything a go to relieve themselves of the pain they suffer.

phew!!

Off for a drink, all this typing is making my mouth dry ;)

4. spinal music

spinal music
    Expand Collapse

Sounds absolutely fascinating. Do let us know how you get on!

5. ali_jane1123

ali_jane1123
    Expand Collapse

I saw this used on a documentary a few years ago. It was in a foreign hospital, could well have been the spanish surgeon you mention, Baz. He was using it for a lady who was having a varicose vein op. She lay on her front and during the op she was constantly moving her mouth to make saliva and just concentrating on that. They apparently didn't use any pain killers or anaesthesia and she was perfectly comfortable during the op.

It looked very interesting and was something I meant to look into, but never did. Would be interested to hear how you get on.

Good luck

Ali

6. BazzyBoy

BazzyBoy
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Still trying to find a willing participant.....but will definately keep you all posted

Thanks for the positive thoughts xxx

7. Azalia

Azalia
    Expand Collapse

Hi all, and Baz:D

Having never heard of noesitherapy before I got worried because it's not often I come across a therapy without not having a clue what it is!!! I googled for more information and came up with a forum, which provided a link to The La Roche College which is connected with Dr Angel Escudero (he trained the founder of the site, Keith Jones.) There is also this site: http://www.noesitherapy.com/ (click on Dr. Escudero) but unfortunately it is all in spanish.

Here are some more links:

http://www.hypnotherapytreatment.co.uk/noesitherapy.html

http://www.meridianhealing.co.uk/Noesitherapy_Pain_Control.htm - our very own HP member Dez Sellars describes Noesitherapy!

Noesitherapy FAQ
    http://www.freeinstantbackpainrelief.com/faq.html

More FAQ
    http://www.holisticdoctors.co.uk/Web/faqs1.html

8. Azalia

Azalia
    Expand Collapse

I've just found the translated version of the site about Dr Escudero: http://wdr.escudero.com/escudero/ntheng.htm

9. BazzyBoy

BazzyBoy
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Apart from one, I had already seen these sites, thankfully its all very positive, although I have come across a couple of forums (I think one was some kind of magic forum) where they seemed intent on discrediting Noesitherapy and the owner of La Roche College (which happens to be where I obtained my correspondence course)

I think the negative threads I found gave me a few moments of 'should I or shouldnt I' but since then, some self belief has covered over the negativity of other peoples fear of not understanding something that isnt tangible, no matter how well it can be explained. I guess I just needed to be sure

Thanks for the links Azalia, the sites explain Noesitherapy better than I tried previously.

10. alaterial

alaterial
    Expand Collapse

That's so interesting BazzyBoy, Thanks for post up the information.

I think I may have done noesitherapy on myself - when I visit the dentist I have never had injections, I just 'think' that it doesn't really hurt and go off somewhere else while the work is been carried out!

Fasinating stuff - do let us know how you get on.

Angels watch always

Alaterial
    x

:)

11. Noesitherapy

Noesitherapy
    Expand Collapse

Hello Friends
    I am sorry to tell u that the liquid in the mouth and all that stuff has nothing to do with the results acheived...
    Even that proclaimed doctor who alleges that he was taught by Dr. Escudero, is a Fraud...
    The method is very simple, but it really cannot be done in English... the language does not allow it...
    Spanish can allow it to a certain degree... and Dr5. Escudero has not been successful with all of his patients... he does not claim such success, and does not provide statistics...
    No Psychological Anesthesia... the method has nothing to do with anything that is said...
    Also, the method, thought very simple, has side effects... It revolves around obliterating vocabulary from the person's memory... it has to do with obliterating certain words that r constantly on the person's mind...
    Imagine obliterating the word "headache" from the memory of someone with Migraine... it creates that startle response...
    the thing can be done very fast... 30 seconds to just a few minutes... and persists for several days... of course, with ensuing bouts of Amnesia and Time Distortion...
    I have used the technique myself... I discovered it, then realized that there is a guy by the name of Dr. Escudero...
    Arabic Language allows it...
    Good luck...

12. Loren

Loren
    Expand Collapse

I have spent many hours with Dr. Escudero, seen his movies including BBC broadcasts while in his home. I have watched him as he worked with patients in his home office andhave seen the anesthesia develop. I have queried him rather intensely and the things you have posted are incongruent with what I have seen and he has told me.

It would be nice if you could relate your personal experience with Dr. Escudero and the source of your comments.

Dr. Jack Gibson in Ireland has done thousands of surgeries with little or no anesthetic and has written books and made tapes and CDs, available in the UK.
    The works of James Esdaile doing painless surgery by Mesmerism are readily available on Amazon.

Loren Parks, Las Vegas

13. Loren

Loren
    Expand Collapse

Obviously you have a skill that I and many other lay therapists could use. Dr. Escudero does not look favorably on Keith Jones and what he has done with the knowledge. I purchased the course also and the only value was in the videodisc. Keith Jones retired. King's College is just a name, no school.

The Philippine healers used no language to obtain their miraculous cures, just sleight of hand AND an audience. Healing the incurables was their strength. And they did take pain away sometimes with these phony operations. The problem is always the same. How to get the subconscious mind to accept the suggestion.

A ceremony heals. Whether it can produce anesthesia I'm not sure, but there are people in Singapore who jab sharp sticks and needles thru their skin for religious ceremonies.

Again, writer "Noesitherapy" apparently has information that would be valuable to many of us. Hopefully he will share it.

Loren

14. greengrass

greengrass
    Expand Collapse

Hi Noesitherapy,
    This therapy sounds almost too good to be true. I don't understand why it only works for certain languages - sorry if I'm being thick. Also how could it make a terrorist - I thought hypnosis could only make a person do something they would do anyway. Of course don't post anything on the net which could be dangerous in the wrong hands, but if someone wanted to hypnosise another person to carry out a terrorist act couldn't they use any form of hypnosis? Can anyone learn Noesitherapy or is it more a gift you just have, you said you discovered it for yourself?
    Best wishes
    Greengrass