Massage, undies or nude?

Discussion in 'Massage' started by cricket, Nov 3, 2008.

1. ace88

ace88
    Expand Collapse

I have had lomi lomi massage and it is wonderful. I don't see how you could do that with your underwear on with all the oil and underneath longer strokes.

I have always been unclothed but draped. I like the longer strokes and I have fibromyalgia as well as a pelvic pain condition. For this reason, abdominal massage is really good for me. Over time, some of my therapists when we became comfortable with one another have offered more minimal draping and I have gladly taken it. I do not get nervous - that is one of the problems with fibromyalgia in that I am too tired and in pain to even care about anything.

2. GaryRN

GaryRN
    Expand Collapse

I have always had draped massage and I was nude under the sheet or the towel. I am a Registered Nurse and have zero modesty when it comes to a medical treatment or other therapies. The exceptions were this past year, I was at the Meridian Spa in Hamburg, Germany. I had lower back pain and had a long drive in front of me. After going to the Spa, I asked for a 30 minute massage. I was ushered into the massage room. The therapist asked me to disrobe, but keep my underwear on. I told her that I had just come from the spa and just had a pair of shorts on. She said "Okay, take them off and get on the table." She did not leave the room. I turned around and got naked and laid on the table. I was face down and she proceeded to massage me without a drape. I was so sore in in legs and hips I did not care. The massage actually seemed to flow better with me naked. She then asked me to turn on my back, and I did. Again she did not cover me, but proceeded to massage the front of my legs all the way down to the feet. She seemed oblivious to my nudity. This was the first time I had a totally naked massage, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was NOT erotic, and I had some great pain relief in my legs. Then in December I was making home visits to patients for IV therapy, and I had to wait 3 hours for a patient to have her supplies delivered. I found a massage therapist, and requested a one hour massage. I laid down on the table covered by a towel and was face down. She entered the room and removed the towel. I had another great nude massage. She then told me to turn over, and massaged my shoulders, chest and legs. I was exposed, but like the therapist in Germany, she ignored that gave a great massage without erotic overtones. I am back home now, and all they offer are draped massages. I am grateful for that, but would not mind another undraped massage.

3. Richard Lawton3

Richard Lawton3
    Expand Collapse

There's no doubt in my mind that nude is better. It's a better experience for the client and it's easier for the therapist. And, as Ace88 observed, it's pretty much essential for things like lomilomi.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. GaryRN

GaryRN
    Expand Collapse

All I want is a professional massage, the amount of skin exposed does not matter to me.
    A washrag over the genital area would be sufficient.
    Thanks for your response, Gary

5. GaryRN

GaryRN
    Expand Collapse

Well, I have been getting massages since 2012. They have helped my sciatica and hip pain a lot. The majority of these have been draped massages, and I am naked under the sheet or towel. It is just best n my opinion, and it is less embarrassing not having to take the underwear off or pull them down. Just get naked and get under the sheet. Then I went to Germany and had my first undraped nude massage. I was in a spa in Hamburg (clothing optional). and I requested a massage. I followed the therapist into the room. She told me to get undressed and did not leave the room. She was doing paperwork, and I just had on shorts and a T shirt. I got naked and laid on the table face down. Then she gave me a great massage, and did not mind that I was undraped. I dd not mind either, as she did not have to move any towels or sheets. Then she asked me to turn over so she could do the front of my legs and chest. I was shocked, but did as she said. I laid their exposed, and she just continued the massage. There was no hanky panky. It was the best massage I ever had. Then last month, I went to an Asian Spa. I went to the room and laid on the table under a towel. The Therapist came in and removed the towel. Again I got a great undraped massage. She asked me to turn over as well I did. Nothing erotic happened. I just received a great massage. Then this past week, I went there again, and asked for the shower table along with the massage. I had a half hour massage and then she led me to the shower table. She gave me a towel to cover myself in the hall way. I laid on the shower table naked. The table was wet with bubbling hot water coming through a piece of foam. Then she sprayed me with hot water and soaped me up really well. She had a mitt on one hand to scrub me. She scrubbed all the dead skin off. Then I had to turn over and she did the same to the front. I was completely clean. She asked me to sit up and she dried me off. I was led back to the massage room where I sat on a couch and she out my socks on for me and handed me the rest of the clothes. It was an amazing experience. No hanky panky of any kind, just a great massage.

Richard Lawton3 likes this.
  6. Richard Lawton3

Richard Lawton3
    Expand Collapse

Gary - thanks for posting that. Nudity does not have to involve sex!

7. Richard Lawton3

Richard Lawton3
    Expand Collapse

8. GaryRN

GaryRN
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I learned that nudity does not equal sex. I save that for my wife. There is no way I would ever have sex with another woman.
    As a medical professonial, I have learned to separate nudity and sex. Nudty is just normal, and not that big a deal. Since 2012, I have had 3 surgeries, 2 or them urological, and most of my doctors have been women. That does not bother me at all, as they are professional. Nudity should be considered just normal and not an invitation to sex.

9. Richard Lawton3

Richard Lawton3
    Expand Collapse

I think we can safely say that bodies are normal. As far as I know there is no known case of a human being not having a body. Since bodies usually have things like buttocks and genitals, I expect doctors and bodyworkers to be comfortable with that.

10. HealthMan

HealthMan
    Expand Collapse

Very interesting discussion. I go to a salon where the owners and workers are Asian and they have a very different attitude about nudity. I am always naked but draped. They spend significant time on the glutes which makes perfect sense as these are the largest muscles in the body and have a major effect on back problems. How much I am draped depends on the practitioner. With some my glutes are uncovered much of the time since they treat the glutes as a continuation of both the legs and back. One of the practitioners removes the towel completely for parts of the massage. I don't mind. There is always a towel when I'm lying face up.

It is perfectly legit. There has never been anything sexual. There are more female customers than male, and the salon has excellent Yelp reviews.

11. Gary.RN.MS

Gary.RN.MS
    Expand Collapse

-----------------
    I have been getting massages since 2012. Since 2003, I have been dealing with an autoimmune disease, and massage has helped me a lot. As a medical professional for 40+ years, I have seen a lot of nudity taking care of patients. I never thought much about it as it was clinically necessary. Then since 2012, the tables were turned and I have had upteen exams and surgeries and attended mostly by female health professionals. This helped me accept the nudity involved in massage therapy. I generally am covered by a sheet or a towel. I has recently been going to an Asian massage therapist and she combines both Western and Asian massage. She is very professional and no hanky panky involved. She usually uncovers my buttocks so she can have long firms hand pressure from the back down to the glutes. No towel is in the way to move around. I do not see the need to be covered. In Germany last year, I had my first nude massage by a female therapist. I laid on the table, after undressing in her presence. I was not covered with a towel. This turned out to be one of the best massages I have ever had. Nothing sexual about it. I think to drape or undrape should be the choice of the client, as long as nothing sexual is intended.

12. holisticprac

holisticprac
    Expand Collapse

Well said. I completely agree with you. Do you have Facebook? If so it would be good to have you on my friend list - look me up 'Rodney Robinson'

13. anshika154

anshika154
    Expand Collapse

I will prefer to all covered up