Healthy Lifestyle Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by shaunmike, Jul 13, 2017.

1. shaunmike

shaunmike
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone!

Started this discussion for all of us to share about how our approaches to a healthier lifestyle.
    I think most of us honestly have a hard time to fully commit to a healthy regime due to a lack of time and there's too many information online that makes us confused with what's exactly a good approach.

I honestly find it difficult to find quick fixes to adopt into our lifestyle as I'm just too busy with work and family commitments. I've read books and they mainly try to persuade you into fully altering your lifestyle to make a difference, this requires a lot of time and a drastic change in my lifestyle. Do you guys find anything that is lacking in health books?

Thoughts? Any input would be benefit everyone in the forum.

To good health,
    Shaun Michael

2. jnani

jnani
    Expand Collapse

Ours is a culture obsessed with health. We have health enhancing strategies, tips in books, over internet, social media...everywhere! There is nothing more than health and spirituality that we fuss about these days...all kinds of diets, exercise regimes....too much knowledge, very little substance. People have more conflicted brains due to all non sense pseudo scientific information so freely available to us.

So much obsession and so little health...reason?
    We have drifted away from our Swabhava (saw-self, bhava- nature). The whole life style has ended up by plastic, very little organic, natural and traditional is actually left in our day to day life.

Health is a state of being.....you cannot be constantly obsesssed/worried about health and be healthy....this little common sense escapes the smartest of people on planet.

When someone come to me with overwhelming number of health issues .....the first thing they are told is they must forget about their health, as keeping such a close eye has abviously not worked.... People are totally drowned in health issues by constantly being in the loop of watching health very closely...like constantly fearing a thief, a robbery....you are in that loop if fearful anticipation. Our health consciousness is not of allowing and blossoming,mit is of The anticipation of doom and gloom. We as a society are in a rut of anticipation of losing health....massive fear....massive.....then books, blogs, wise tips....what are they? Absolutely useless if your own energy is going against you.

Health is Swastha in Sanskrit. (Swa-self, stha-rested). Ayurvedic definition of health is when you are restfully residing in your being. Simply rested, not worried, not bothered...
    We are going round the bend, following diets, regimes, avoiding foods, adding foods, fussing over health....Knowing too much, ascin information, yet knowing nothing about ourselves

Health is a shadow of your being. Body is food-body, so naturally give it simple, delicious and tastes food, a moderate amount of exercise. Avoid processed, plastic man made food.
    But above all, know that health is not a challenge as big as they make out....realax and enjoy what health you have and it gets better. In that mind set whatever else needs to be done, is done effortlessly.

KISS-Keep it simple sweetheart

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. amy green

amy green
    Expand Collapse

Hi Shaunmike and welcome to this forum! Without knowing much about you, i.e. whether you have health issues, what you might like to work on in particular etc it is hard to give specific, useful advice.

Yes it can be daunting to see what we are 'supposed' to do but I would suggest it isn't an either/or situation, i.e. baby steps/quick fixes (which you seem to be asking for) is more practical for your busy lifestyle. Simple things like drinking more water, taking the stairs instead of the lift, walking instead of driving short distances, incorporating more vegetables and fruit (organic if pesticide residues concern you), making time to relax/unwind/meditate if possible. Stress can be psychosomatic, i.e. go on to create physical conditions so the ability to laugh cannot be undermined - ensuring a sense of perspective is maintained at times. We are mind, body and spirit after all so focusing on any one area at the expense of the others would not be balanced.

4. marialee

marialee
    Expand Collapse

Drinking more water can create a healthier appetite. Also, remember that needed amount of copper can not be fulfilled by our daily diet. Because the deficiency of copper can cause fatigue, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Paleness, Anemia, Brittle bones and much more. That's why ancient Indian use copper vessels to complete the basic need of copper.

5. amy green

amy green
    Expand Collapse

Eating copper rich foods like liver, oysters, nuts and seeds, wild seafood and fish, beans, certain whole grains, and certain vegetables is the best way to prevent a copper deficiency.

However the common nutrient deficiencies are calcium, Vit D, potassium, iron, Vit B12, folate and magnesium.

6. Zandalee

Zandalee
    Expand Collapse

Shaunmike, also remember our self image and thoughts are a large part of your health. Balance nutrition without processed and dead foods, water, rest, moderate excerise, good laugh, enjoying your now and self appreciation is important to have on the journey.

7. jnani

jnani
    Expand Collapse

Another one!

8. darrensurrey

darrensurrey
    Expand Collapse

I just change one little thing one at a time, get used to that one, then improve another aspect. Whether that's getting a little bit more walking in every week or cutting out one glass of wine. Nice and simple; long term focus.

9. Zandalee

Zandalee
    Expand Collapse

Take a day at a time. Moment by moment. Oh omg..my pie is cooking...better check and see if it is burnt. Lol

darrensurrey likes this.
  10. Crowan

Crowan
    Expand Collapse

How's the pie?

11. Zandalee

Zandalee
    Expand Collapse

Oh the pie was delicious...little too brown on the edge but was still delish. I love experimenting and when the food turns out ...bonus!

darrensurrey likes this.
  12. Crowan

Crowan
    Expand Collapse

Sounds lovely. And I have a weakness for slightly burned pastry. Although I'm avoiding carbs, so I shall simply take pleasure in the thought of you (and your husband?) enjoying it.
    My mother-in-law used to make jam tarts, which she invariably burned. I was the only one who liked them. Suited me. I generally got the entire dozen.;)

darrensurrey likes this.
  13. Zandalee

Zandalee
    Expand Collapse

I am always avoiding carbs but I love to cook. My pie was sugar free and loaded with delicious carbs..believe me around here pie or tarts last about hour with the men that love to snack..women too:rolleyes:

14. Crowan

Crowan
    Expand Collapse

Sounds good.