Cold feet

Discussion in 'Reiki & Energy Healing' started by jungdreamer, Jan 19, 2010.

1. jungdreamer

jungdreamer
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I was with a client yesterday and while treating her I feelt really cold air arounfd her feet. I also felt that her left side was cooler than her right. What could this mean. I imagine her cool feet had something to do with grounding. Or is it more simply a draft in the room? I am new ot practicing reiki outside of family and friends so I am unsure as to what to make of it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. omega1

omega1
    Expand Collapse

Were her feet actually cold or was it just the air around them?

If her feet were cold it could be due to poor circulation or a lack of 'Ki' in that area. In either case I think applying Reiki energy on the area should help.

If the air was cold and her feet were warm, it could be the flow of energy from your hands that you felt as cold air. Sometimes when channelling a lot of energy, the energy may be felt like a 'breeze' as it flows. In this case, the area was taking a lot of energy, so again applying Reiki energy to the area should help.

3. jungdreamer

jungdreamer
    Expand Collapse

Her feet were cold. really cold. But the room was warm I did feel a cool breeze as I worked all along her left side (female side).

I have later found out that she is worried about her twin sister. Could this be a energy I was detecting about her sister. She feels her sister is not grounded and she worries for her.

4. omega1

omega1
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes people will 'store' stress or emotional trauma in their body. This could be where you feel the cold areas. I have found that when treating emotional trauma, the sensation I often get is of cold rather than heat (which I find more often with physical conditions).

5. ReikiColin

ReikiColin
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Omega1 that applying Reiki to the area is the best thing. I don't think it is really necessary for a Reiki practitioner, personally, to get to the bottom of exactly what is causing the sensations you felt - just let the Reiki flow and see what happens.

Experiencing a different sensation (Hibiki) in certain areas is usually an indication that Reiki is required there because of a build up of toxins or an imbalance of energy flow (byosen).

However, if the person shows signs of poor blood circulation (e.g. cold or blue extremities) or cardiac failure (e.g. swollen ankles) then maybe you should suggest they get checked out by their GP as well. :)

Ai to Hikari
    Colin